British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/pnp-applicants-within-canada-share-your-timelines-727702/)

palmerq Feb 6th 2015 12:28 am

Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Originally Posted by Eddmac (Post 11557183)
I received BC PNP in November, sent my PR application to Sydney NS on 4th Dec, tracking shows it was signed for on 8th December and I have heard nothing since. I emailed them, using the online form at the end of January and still have not heard anything. Can anyone advise me as to a timeframe for hearing from them or receiving a processing number?
Starting to get worried as its two months they have my application and not even an acknowledgement of receiving my forms?

I checked on the CIC website and it says this:
If you mailed your application to CIC, you may wish to use a courier service that requires a signature when delivered, gives you a delivery confirmation and/or allows you to track your package. Please note that there may be a delay between the date CIC physically receives your application and the date it is opened. CIC cannot confirm that your application package has been received until it has been opened in our offices.

How long is it reasonable to expect it to take for them to OPEN my application? They have had it for two months already. My major concern is that it has got lost since it was signed for.

for me it was just a few days short of two months, it was received on july the 8th(2014) got an email and my credit card charged on the 4th of september, I would guess they have slowed down since then but that would just be a guess

Eddmac Feb 6th 2015 12:34 am

Thanks, I feel less panicky now, but no less disappointed lol

snowhugs Feb 7th 2015 3:55 am

]How long is it reasonable to expect it to take for them to OPEN my application? They have had it for two months already. My major concern is that it has got lost since it was signed for.
we were in" application received" for 10 months !! before then i was totally convinced everything was lost...because everything takes soooo long its a normal reaction..sit tight you will get used to it..:thumbdown:

I always find myself saying ...well if we have this by then and so on...it NEVER works..we have waited months /years throughout this entire process!

dechamp Feb 8th 2015 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Eddmac (Post 11557183)
I received BC PNP in November, sent my PR application to Sydney NS on 4th Dec, tracking shows it was signed for on 8th December and I have heard nothing since. I emailed them, using the online form at the end of January and still have not heard anything. Can anyone advise me as to a timeframe for hearing from them or receiving a processing number?
Starting to get worried as its two months they have my application and not even an acknowledgement of receiving my forms?

I checked on the CIC website and it says this:
If you mailed your application to CIC, you may wish to use a courier service that requires a signature when delivered, gives you a delivery confirmation and/or allows you to track your package. Please note that there may be a delay between the date CIC physically receives your application and the date it is opened. CIC cannot confirm that your application package has been received until it has been opened in our offices.

How long is it reasonable to expect it to take for them to OPEN my application? They have had it for two months already. My major concern is that it has got lost since it was signed for.

I sent mine the middle of Nov last year and i am still waiting

Eddmac Feb 9th 2015 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by dechamp (Post 11559563)
I sent mine the middle of Nov last year and i am still waiting

Oh, that's not so good. Did you get proof of delivery?

I suppose a concern of mine is that I don't get acknowledgement prior to expiration of my work permit, I have up until sept 2016, so should be ok, but you never know!

dechamp Feb 10th 2015 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Eddmac (Post 11560542)
Oh, that's not so good. Did you get proof of delivery?

I suppose a concern of mine is that I don't get acknowledgement prior to expiration of my work permit, I have up until sept 2016, so should be ok, but you never know!

I paid a immigration consultant to do everything for me spoke to her the other day and she said she has a few clients sent at the same time and we are all still waiting.

It seems like there is a big back log

lb77 Feb 12th 2015 6:43 pm

I sent my application to Sydney, signed for 16th Dec.
Heard nothing, rang CIC to enquire and was told to allow 70 days, then call to chase it up.

Eddmac Feb 12th 2015 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by lb77 (Post 11563761)
I sent my application to Sydney, signed for 16th Dec.
Heard nothing, rang CIC to enquire and was told to allow 70 days, then call to chase it up.

thanks for that. I guess im pretty near that timeframe. Hope i hear soon to calm my frayed nerves lol

snowhugs Feb 16th 2015 10:11 am

Am delighted to report we now have ...decision made

I am of course hoping this is a good sign, which I believe former lancastrian said in an earlier post... now I guess we talking "weeks" for the final leg ??::thumbsup:

Hindsight Feb 16th 2015 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by snowhugs (Post 11566790)
Am delighted to report we now have ...decision made

I am of course hoping this is a good sign, which I believe former lancastrian said in an earlier post... now I guess we talking "weeks" for the final leg ??::thumbsup:

Congrats!
When did your application start being processed?

dominiqueincanada Feb 16th 2015 4:57 pm

After almost 6 months in "In Process" I got decision made on 27th January and PPR on Friday; so excited that the wait is almost over. Thanks everyone for your help and encouragement so far.

Eddmac Feb 16th 2015 5:19 pm

Congrats

Eddmac Feb 17th 2015 3:45 pm

My PNP PR application has now been received over 70 days ago, so I phoned the CIO today. They told me that it can take longer than this, but they did confirm that my name was actually in the system, so they had received my package, but they have not yet opened it.
So the wait continues :(

Hindsight Feb 17th 2015 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by dominiqueincanada (Post 11567122)
After almost 6 months in "In Process" I got decision made on 27th January and PPR on Friday; so excited that the wait is almost over. Thanks everyone for your help and encouragement so far.

Congrats!

I like this timeline better as it sounds more like mine lol
I've been in process since September, I hope it turns to decision made asap

dominiqueincanada Feb 17th 2015 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Hindsight (Post 11568221)
Congrats!

I like this timeline better as it sounds more like mine lol
I've been in process since September, I hope it turns to decision made asap

I was worried that it was taking too long "In Process" but it all turned out okay :lol: