British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/pnp-applicants-within-canada-share-your-timelines-727702/)

Humgarden Jul 6th 2015 11:46 pm

Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Thanks for the link, Former Lancastrian, and thanks for the input Edmac.
Canadian Border Service red flagged me (in their system) as a DUI in Texas in 1970, when Texas Crimminal record clearly shows this one and only charge as "Public Intoxication",which is a non-indictable offense in Canada. I get detained coming back through Canadian Customs every time, and they tell me, in order to remove this red flag, I'll have to start writing the Canadian Consulate in Los Angeles and try to get it removed.

Humgarden Jul 10th 2015 6:29 pm

ECAS updated about July 10, 2015 to "Placed in Process". I'm going to guess that this is the "real" placed in process this time, you know, the one where your application is moved on over to Ottawa for final processing, and not the 'phoney-baloney' placed in process implied by CIO Sydney , in the email I got from them back in March of this year.
Still, I have read the recent email requesting RCMP Police Certificate several times, and it sounds like even if I make that 60 day deadline, this late (and unusual) request for my Canadian police record is going to delay the processing of my application.

Eddmac Jul 10th 2015 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by Humgarden (Post 11696946)
ECAS updated about July 10, 2015 to "Placed in Process". I'm going to guess that this is the "real" placed in process this time, you know, the one where your application is moved on over to Ottawa for final processing, and not the 'phoney-baloney' placed in process implied by CIO Sydney , in the email I got from them back in March of this year

It still sounds like good news buddy, hopefully you won't be delayed by the police request!

I got my first in process email in March also, so hopefully I'll see a change soon too!

Humgarden Jul 10th 2015 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Eddmac (Post 11696950)
It still sounds like good news buddy, hopefully you won't be delayed by the police request!

I got my first in process email in March also, so hopefully I'll see a change soon too!

Thanks for the encouragement Eddmack, I just wish CIC didn't time these requests when I'm doing a 14 day shift in camp in the oil sands.Good luck.

Amtobi Jul 14th 2015 1:44 pm

ECAS updated to decision made today! now we wait for the next step... hopefully almost there.

Eddmac Jul 14th 2015 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Amtobi (Post 11699635)
ECAS updated to decision made today! now we wait for the next step... hopefully almost there.

Congrats and good luck!

Hindsight Jul 15th 2015 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Hindsight (Post 11692317)
Arrived Saskatoon with IEC WHV June 2012
Applied with SINP January 2013
SINP Approved Dec 2013
CIC Sydney received application Feb 2014
Fees/Medical requested and done March/April 2014
In Processing September 2014
Decision Made June 2015
Bio data requested on June 30th 2015, sent July 3rd 2015

Waiting for next step ...

COPR received today, probably drive to the border on Saturday to activate ! :rofl:

Amtobi Jul 15th 2015 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Hindsight (Post 11700571)
COPR received today, probably drive to the border on Saturday to activate ! :rofl:

Great news! Hope it goes well

Amtobi Jul 21st 2015 4:12 pm

YAY! I just got the passport request e-mail! exactly 1 week after DM on ecas.
Almost there :D

Eddmac Jul 22nd 2015 7:52 am

I just got a nice letter (email) from CIC asking for copies of my passport bio data, my police certs, for me to check my schedule A info and to pay my RPRF.

This looks like my application is moving along nicely :)

Amtobi Aug 8th 2015 9:50 am

We have our COPR and are planning a day trip to Seattle tomorrow and will activate PR on our way back.

Any suggestions on where to re-enter? I realise that it will be busy as it will be Sunday night.

bc2015 Aug 8th 2015 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Amtobi (Post 11719522)
We have our COPR and are planning a day trip to Seattle tomorrow and will activate PR on our way back.

Any suggestions on where to re-enter? I realise that it will be busy as it will be Sunday night.

I would just suck it up and head for Pacific Crossing or Peace Arch (I think Pacific Crossing might be slightly less busy). The other option is Sumas but I think the time difference would be negligible.

Amtobi Aug 9th 2015 6:17 pm

We crossed at Peace Arch at around 9:45PM, went well. There was no line up and they helped us straight away! They even gave us cute little Canadian flags when the paper work was done. Super cheesy but totally made our day.

Feels surreal but we finally made it! Happy days :) now only 1459 days till Citizenship ;) lol, Can't even think about that now, will enjoy not having to fill out forms for the next 4 years.

Eddmac Aug 9th 2015 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Amtobi (Post 11720264)
We crossed at Peace Arch at around 9:45PM, went well. There was no line up and they helped us straight away! They even gave us cute little Canadian flags when the paper work was done. Super cheesy but totally made our day.

Feels surreal but we finally made it! Happy days :) now only 1459 days till Citizenship ;) lol, Can't even think about that now, will enjoy not having to fill out forms for the next 4 years.

Congrats buddy, that's awesome.
I seem to be a little bit behind you on the timeline, so hopefully I will get some news in the next few weeks.

desire68 Aug 9th 2015 9:53 pm

Hey Eddmac, We were requested to check our Schedule A and pay the RPRF back on the 2nd July 2015. I was well excited ind paid it the same day. The ecas shows "in process" but i need to get a BOWP as ours expires this month. The thing is, i went on the CIC to apply and i cant see anywhere to send the completed form. I paid the $155+$100 fees for the permit on line but CIC want you to sign up for MyCIC and it leads nowhere as the site is having some issues right now. I truly thought we would be landed by now so worrying a little right now. We are so close and i dont want to mess it up. Any advice would help right now.
Thanks.
Mike