British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/pnp-applicants-within-canada-share-your-timelines-727702/)

vjp300 Feb 24th 2015 3:09 pm

Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Originally Posted by snowhugs (Post 11566790)
Am delighted to report we now have ...decision made

I am of course hoping this is a good sign, which I believe former lancastrian said in an earlier post... now I guess we talking "weeks" for the final leg ??::thumbsup:

That's great news!! So you went from 'in progress' to 'decision made' in about a month! I was recently requested my final payment and I'm really hoping my timeline is similar to yours (I seem to be about a month behind you on submission and medical dates etc).

Keep us informed on when you finally get the paperwork and PR card etc.

biddyk8 Feb 25th 2015 4:18 pm

We went to decision made on Monday, and received the passport copy request same day. Our application went to in progress on I think the 27th August. Sent the passport copies this morning by expressport so hopefully we will get COPR soon!

vjp300 Feb 25th 2015 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by biddyk8 (Post 11576372)
We went to decision made on Monday, and received the passport copy request same day. Our application went to in progress on I think the 27th August. Sent the passport copies this morning by expressport so hopefully we will get COPR soon!

Congrats!

there seems to be very little rhyme or reason to the timelines as you were in 'in progress' for 6 months and for others its a month but much longer in 'application received'. Very frustrating! Pleased that you are nearly through with it all :)

biddyk8 Feb 25th 2015 4:48 pm

Our Application was mailed Oct 2013, so we spent a long time at just received as well:thumbdown: Med requests Dec 13, and RPRF request May (I think) 2014. Just as a better idea at the federal end of the time line

Eddmac Mar 3rd 2015 6:35 am

As an update, my application was signed for at the CIO in Sydney NS on 8th Dec 2014 and still not been opened. I phone 1 month ago and was told my application has been received, but not yet opened. Three months ago my application was received and still not yet opened :(

Kraven Mar 3rd 2015 10:50 am

Which province did you apply under?

vjp300 Mar 3rd 2015 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by vjp300 (Post 11554347)
Update:

RPRF payment requested and paid 27 Jan 2015

Fingers crossed to make the change to 'in process' soon...

Update: 24 feb 2015 went into 'in progress' woo woo!

karli Mar 3rd 2015 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by vjp300 (Post 11581724)
Update: 24 feb 2015 went into 'in progress' woo woo!

It's frustrating (for those of us on the losing end!) that there's no rhyme or reason to our timelines. After paying ours in August 2014, we are still not yet in progress!

Eddmac Mar 3rd 2015 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Kraven (Post 11581603)
Which province did you apply under?

Sorry, I was that depressed I forgot to put that in.
I received BC provincial nomination in November, posted my PR application on 4th December and it was signed for at the CIO at Sydney NS on 8th December. I have heard nothing since.

I phoned the office and after about 40 minutes got a helpful chap that told me my name was in the system, so they had received my application, but they had not yet opened it as there was no reference number. He told me just to wait. This was 70 days after they received my application.

I am now approaching 90 days after they received my application and it's very hard to remain positive. Originally they were quoting 17 months to process my application, but if they have already had my application for three months without looking for it, this timeline looks optimistic :(

spanners Mar 4th 2015 3:04 am

Sept 6th 2012 landed as tfw 2 year twp skilled worker
May 2013 2 red seal exams challenged and passed as required by tfw rules
Nov 2013 nomination application for ainp
Jan 2014 nomination certificate
Jan 2014 pr application sent -- received jan 20th
March 2014 med requests
April 2014 meds done
April 2014 additional med for wife
May 2014 rprf requested and paid immediately
July 2014 request for police checks (uk) and further address history to age 18
August 2014 police checks sent with history to 18
Sept 22nd 2014 in process
Feb 13th 2015 passport and picture request and online changed to decision made "ready for visa" email from cpc Ottawa
Feb 27th passport copies and pictures sent in express post

christmasoompa Mar 4th 2015 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Eddmac (Post 11581830)
Sorry, I was that depressed I forgot to put that in.
I received BC provincial nomination in November, posted my PR application on 4th December and it was signed for at the CIO at Sydney NS on 8th December. I have heard nothing since.

I phoned the office and after about 40 minutes got a helpful chap that told me my name was in the system, so they had received my application, but they had not yet opened it as there was no reference number. He told me just to wait. This was 70 days after they received my application.

I am now approaching 90 days after they received my application and it's very hard to remain positive. Originally they were quoting 17 months to process my application, but if they have already had my application for three months without looking for it, this timeline looks optimistic :(

That's not unusual though, it generally takes around 4 months to get AOR, so you're well within that timeframe. I wouldn't worry just yet!

Eddmac Mar 4th 2015 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 11582460)
That's not unusual though, it generally takes around 4 months to get AOR, so you're well within that timeframe. I wouldn't worry just yet!

AOR = Acknowledgement of Receipt (or something similair?)

christmasoompa Mar 4th 2015 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Eddmac (Post 11583108)
AOR = Acknowledgement of Receipt (or something similair?)

Canadian Abbreviations : British Expat Wiki

HTH.

Eddmac Mar 4th 2015 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 11583117)

Cheers:thumbup: - I did search for AOR - but nothing was found lol

lb77 Mar 4th 2015 11:03 pm

Eddmac, how are you managing to speak to a human?

What options are you selecting, each time I try in just kicks me off without ever giving me the option to speak to an Agent??

My application was received December 16th so we should be pretty close in the queue.