Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PLEASE HELP MR MILLER AND MR JIM "INTERVIEW"

PLEASE HELP MR MILLER AND MR JIM "INTERVIEW"

Old Mar 24th 2005, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

yesabc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PLEASE HELP MR MILLER AND MR JIM "INTERVIEW"

I went to have my interview today, interviewer told me that i must remarry my wife again to get the visa !!, he said because your wife got married you before getting her divorce decision, you must remarry her again .
our marriage is done outside Canada.
my wife thaught that her divorce is done few months before meeting me because she did not receive her divorce certificate, her lawyer told her the divorce is done so she did not care about the certificate, her divorce certificate is sent to one of her friends by mistake, her friend called her and said i received your divorce certificae !!!.
the reason for the divorce from her first ex-husband was homosexuality, the matter took one year from the separation to get the divorce certitficate.!!!!!!!!!!!
that is why we applied as common law partner and we did not apply as spouses, my wife mentioned that in her application.
both of us we did not discover the fact regarding her divorce until we asked her parents in Canada to get a copy of her divorce certificate to send to us.
the interviewer insisting that i have to remarry my wife again to correct the situation although we did not apply as spouses!!! we applied as common law partner.
he said come to me at any time when you have the new marriage certificate!!! , i will give you the visa!!!. any time and he gave me his name.
is ther anybody believe that?
also the interviewer asked me to sign a printed form without giving me the time to read it and said that if you are NOT honest regarding the information your provided us you will in jail in Canada!!!, i told him i DO NOT mind to sign it and i did.
he gave me all letter i sent with my application, thes letters are from both of my parents in law and my wife which are sent to me, he also gave me all photos belongs to me and my wife together, he said that he do not need them and i should take them.
i give the interviewer three letters written by our canadian and american friends saying we are good couples and we have a real countinues relationship for more than two years BUT the interviwer refused to accept them!!!!!
Do you think all what happened was a trick from the interviewer to test me? or what?
did they really refuse me ? if yes why he asked me to sign that form? and why he said " You will be in jail in CANADA if you are not honest"? why mentioned "IN CANADA" if i am refused!!!!!!!

why he said i will give you the visa when you bring your new marriage certificate ?
ALSO during interview he said "WELCOME TO CANADA" but he kept asking me after that?
We appliedas common-law partner so WHY MUST WE REMARRY AGAIN!!??
WE DID NOT APPLY AS SPOUSES.
SECOND HOW CAN I GO TO REMARRY AGAIN IF MY WIFE STATUS IN THE COUNTRY WE ARE LIVING IS A WIFE OF MINE AND IT IS WRITTEN IN HER VISA " TO STAY WITH HER HUSBAND" , MY NAME IS MENTIONED IN HER PASSPORT AS HER HUSBAND.
IF I WENT EITHER TO MY EMBASSY OR THE COURT IN THE COUNTRY IAM LIVING IN, THEY WILL FIND THAT I AM HER HUSBAND BECUASE IT IS WRITTEN IN HER PASSORT.
THEY WILL ASK WHY I WANT TO REMARRY MY WIFE AGAIN IF IAM ALREADY MARRIED!!!, THEY WILL ASK FOR A PROV OR CERTIFIED DOCUMENTS SAYING OUR MARRIIAGE IS NOT VALID, THEY WILL ASK FOR MY WIFE 'S DIVORCE CERTIFICATE CERTIFIED FROM CANADIAN FOREIGN AFFAIR TO CONSIDER IT AS A PROV.
COULD I CERTIFY MY WIFE'S DIVORCE CERTIFICATE PHOTOCOPY FROM CANADIAN EMBASSY IN THE COUNTRY IAM RESIDENT IN??
I APPRICIATE IT
THANK YOU
Old Mar 24th 2005, 1:29 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: PLEASE HELP MR MILLER AND MR JIM "INTERVIEW"

What a pickle! I can understand your predicament, however in the western world you cannot be married to two people at the same time, therefore your wife's marriage to you in not recognised in law - you are not legally married.

Just because it says you are married in your wife's passport, does not mean that in the eyes of the law you are married.

Sounds like the interviewer was fair with you! He has asked you to remarry and then he will give you the Visa - why argue with that? When you applied, you may have applied as "common-law partners", however the situation has now changed and therefore your application may have changed? Jim or Andrew may be able to clarify.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 4:22 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PLEASE HELP MR MILLER AND MR JIM "INTERVIEW"

Originally Posted by yesabc
I went to have my interview today, interviewer told me that i must remarry my wife again to get the visa !!, he said because your wife got married you before getting her divorce decision, you must remarry her again .
our marriage is done outside Canada.
my wife thaught that her divorce is done few months before meeting me because she did not receive her divorce certificate, her lawyer told her the divorce is done so she did not care about the certificate, her divorce certificate is sent to one of her friends by mistake, her friend called her and said i received your divorce certificae !!!.
the reason for the divorce from her first ex-husband was homosexuality, the matter took one year from the separation to get the divorce certitficate.!!!!!!!!!!!
that is why we applied as common law partner and we did not apply as spouses, my wife mentioned that in her application.
both of us we did not discover the fact regarding her divorce until we asked her parents in Canada to get a copy of her divorce certificate to send to us.
the interviewer insisting that i have to remarry my wife again to correct the situation although we did not apply as spouses!!! we applied as common law partner.
he said come to me at any time when you have the new marriage certificate!!! , i will give you the visa!!!. any time and he gave me his name.
is ther anybody believe that?
also the interviewer asked me to sign a printed form without giving me the time to read it and said that if you are NOT honest regarding the information your provided us you will in jail in Canada!!!, i told him i DO NOT mind to sign it and i did.
he gave me all letter i sent with my application, thes letters are from both of my parents in law and my wife which are sent to me, he also gave me all photos belongs to me and my wife together, he said that he do not need them and i should take them.
i give the interviewer three letters written by our canadian and american friends saying we are good couples and we have a real countinues relationship for more than two years BUT the interviwer refused to accept them!!!!!
Do you think all what happened was a trick from the interviewer to test me? or what?
did they really refuse me ? if yes why he asked me to sign that form? and why he said " You will be in jail in CANADA if you are not honest"? why mentioned "IN CANADA" if i am refused!!!!!!!

why he said i will give you the visa when you bring your new marriage certificate ?
ALSO during interview he said "WELCOME TO CANADA" but he kept asking me after that?
We appliedas common-law partner so WHY MUST WE REMARRY AGAIN!!??
WE DID NOT APPLY AS SPOUSES.
SECOND HOW CAN I GO TO REMARRY AGAIN IF MY WIFE STATUS IN THE COUNTRY WE ARE LIVING IS A WIFE OF MINE AND IT IS WRITTEN IN HER VISA " TO STAY WITH HER HUSBAND" , MY NAME IS MENTIONED IN HER PASSPORT AS HER HUSBAND.
IF I WENT EITHER TO MY EMBASSY OR THE COURT IN THE COUNTRY IAM LIVING IN, THEY WILL FIND THAT I AM HER HUSBAND BECUASE IT IS WRITTEN IN HER PASSORT.
THEY WILL ASK WHY I WANT TO REMARRY MY WIFE AGAIN IF IAM ALREADY MARRIED!!!, THEY WILL ASK FOR A PROV OR CERTIFIED DOCUMENTS SAYING OUR MARRIIAGE IS NOT VALID, THEY WILL ASK FOR MY WIFE 'S DIVORCE CERTIFICATE CERTIFIED FROM CANADIAN FOREIGN AFFAIR TO CONSIDER IT AS A PROV.
COULD I CERTIFY MY WIFE'S DIVORCE CERTIFICATE PHOTOCOPY FROM CANADIAN EMBASSY IN THE COUNTRY IAM RESIDENT IN??
I APPRICIATE IT
THANK YOU
there shouldnt be any hassle in re-marrying her! i mean, if u are getting the visa, then there shouldnt be any worries in re-marrying her!!!!
i would advice u to do as the visa officer asked u to, and u will be just fine....