Please help

Old Nov 15th 2004, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Shellyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Please help

First i would like to say hi, i have been logging onto this page for a couple of weeks now and now i have finally plucked up the courage to ask a question so here goes,

i returned from 5 months in canada 4 weeks ago, when i arrived in canada they only granted me a 3 month visitor visa as they said i didnt have enough cash to support myself for 6 months, i told them my boyfriend was in arrivals waiting for me and that he had his own buisness but the immigration woman wasnt interested and didnt bother to get him, so he waited 2 hours not knowing if i had landed or not, anyway while i was there i applied for an extension and payed the fee, 3 weeks later i recieved the form back stating i had missed a signing bit but writing across the front in red ink was the date i applied for the extension and i was assured i was in plenty of time (money had been taken out the bank by this point) i didnt here again until last week when my boyfriend recieved a letter for me saying my extension had been refused as i was too late in applying, they are trying to say i applied in september when i had applied in july, and that i had to leave the country immediatly, well i had been left 4 weeks by then but now no one will accept the blame for the muck up and i cant get back into the country until its sorted, uk immigration say its canada i need to call, canada told boyfriend i need to call from canada but how can i when i aint allowed in, please help i am due to go back next week, sorry its so long
Old Nov 15th 2004, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Virgosah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please help

Originally Posted by Shellyd
First i would like to say hi, i have been logging onto this page for a couple of weeks now and now i have finally plucked up the courage to ask a question so here goes,

i returned from 5 months in canada 4 weeks ago, when i arrived in canada they only granted me a 3 month visitor visa as they said i didnt have enough cash to support myself for 6 months, i told them my boyfriend was in arrivals waiting for me and that he had his own buisness but the immigration woman wasnt interested and didnt bother to get him, so he waited 2 hours not knowing if i had landed or not, anyway while i was there i applied for an extension and payed the fee, 3 weeks later i recieved the form back stating i had missed a signing bit but writing across the front in red ink was the date i applied for the extension and i was assured i was in plenty of time (money had been taken out the bank by this point) i didnt here again until last week when my boyfriend recieved a letter for me saying my extension had been refused as i was too late in applying, they are trying to say i applied in september when i had applied in july, and that i had to leave the country immediatly, well i had been left 4 weeks by then but now no one will accept the blame for the muck up and i cant get back into the country until its sorted, uk immigration say its canada i need to call, canada told boyfriend i need to call from canada but how can i when i aint allowed in, please help i am due to go back next week, sorry its so long

Wow - that's too bad. I can't really answer your question, but am curious that they refused you the 6 month tourist visa. My husband is British and when he came to visit Canada he was never even asked about his finances. What exactly did they ask you??
Old Nov 15th 2004, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Virgosah
Wow - that's too bad. I can't really answer your question, but am curious that they refused you the 6 month tourist visa. My husband is British and when he came to visit Canada he was never even asked about his finances. What exactly did they ask you??

well stupidly i listened to the air stewardess and was honest and put down i had only a one way ticket as boyfriend was getting ticket for my return with his own when i got there so that started it off, as far as i was aware i had more than enough cash for 6 months, i even got the woman to log onto my bank info as well as my boyfriends web site, i really dont think she liked me very much, the ones through the back where you get searched were nicer and even they said i shouldnt of been in there
Old Nov 16th 2004, 3:23 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Your July application was returned as incomplete - by law it means you didn't apply in July, thus your September application was too late and was legally refused. Only if they would have accepted application in July (not returned it) and asked for additional info then the application date would be July.

As for the rest - I can't really tell you what to do without knowing what you want. Is it that you are a legit visitor who wants to temporary visit your boyfriend or is it that you want to immigrate permanently?

Old Nov 16th 2004, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Your July application was returned as incomplete - by law it means you didn't apply in July, thus your September application was too late and was legally refused. Only if they would have accepted application in July (not returned it) and asked for additional info then the application date would be July.

As for the rest - I can't really tell you what to do without knowing what you want. Is it that you are a legit visitor who wants to temporary visit your boyfriend or is it that you want to immigrate permanently?

Yes i am a legit visitor, i have no intention of immigrating there as i have commitments here, ie, own buisness, disabled mother and ill grandmother, i only want to spend christmas there with my boyfriend and some of my family i havent seen in 15 years, as for the application i did apply in July and the cashed the cheque in July, i have the bank statement to prove this, they returned my form with applied in July written on the front of it in red ink as i had missed a signature, the form came back to me the 2nd week in August and signed and posted the same day
Old Nov 16th 2004, 4:36 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

It doesn't matter what was written - it was returned, that means you didn't apply. What cheque you are talking about? You should have paid the fee in the bank and include the receipt with application.

Application date is when **complete** application is received by CIC, not when you mail it.

As for being legit visitor - if you are not banned temporary from Canada then you may try to come back and convince officer at the port of entry that you are genuine visitor.

Yes i am a legit visitor, i have no intention of immigrating there as i have commitments here, ie, own buisness, disabled mother and ill grandmother, i only want to spend christmas there with my boyfriend and some of my family i havent seen in 15 years, as for the application i did apply in July and the cashed the cheque in July, i have the bank statement to prove this, they returned my form with applied in July written on the front of it in red ink as i had missed a signature, the form came back to me the 2nd week in August and signed and posted the same day