Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Pink Cards Since November thru CHC London

Pink Cards Since November thru CHC London

Old Mar 27th 2002, 4:35 pm
Michael Edwards

Default Pink Cards Since November thru CHC London

Has anyone, who applied via CHC London since November 2001, received their
pink cards?

Mike

Old Mar 27th 2002, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

CN Tower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pink Cards Since November thru CHC London

Hi Mike,
If you haven't already, feel free to join us fellow Brits at the url below - we have an ongoing-timeline database and you can see when people got what, through London.

Cheers,
Claire
Old Mar 29th 2002, 9:05 pm
Tj

Can any lawyers shed some light on it? Anybody in UK who applied in November received
a pink card already?

Old Mar 30th 2002, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alexandra is an unknown quantity at this point

Same situation here. I would really appreciate if Andrew Miller, or Jim Humphries commented.
Old Mar 30th 2002, 9:05 pm
Michael Edwards

> Same situation here.

It appears that no one here have received pink cards for applications since
Nov-2001. This is also the same for the main Yahoo forums for immigration to Canada
from the UK.

Two of the top UK-based immigration to Canada consultants confirm the same.

CAIPS files for applications in Nov-2001 are coming back indicating that the
files have been put into a queue for paper screening, and this is scheduled for
various dates in June-2003. This is unsual (but might not mean what it implies at
face value).

It is completely apparent that something anomalous has happened to processing at CHC
London. Though CHC London has had various longish timeframes for interviews, paper
screening/initial review was always happening in a reliable 2-4 month timeframe. Even
as recently as 2 weeks ago, CHC London staff were saying (at Emigrate 2002) that pink
cards would definately be issued within 3-4 months - which is definately not
happening at the moment.

Mike

Old Mar 31st 2002, 8:05 pm
Brian Ballard

I'm in the same boat here. My forms went into London in October 2001, with the
receipt conformation coming through in December. Since then I have received no pink
slip... so thought I was the odd one out! However last month got a letter requesting
I go for my medical. Have other people had medicals too? Maybe London CHC are
re-ordering the way they do things? Historically I have seen Medical as one of the
final events, but maybe they are getting people through medicals while we all wait
for forms to be assessed.

Glad I am not the only in this situation with no slip....

In message <[email protected]>, Michael Edwards
<[email protected]> writes
    >> Same situation here.
    >
    >It appears that no one here have received pink cards for applications since
    >Nov-2001. This is also the same for the main Yahoo forums for immigration to Canada
    >from the UK.
    >
    >Two of the top UK-based immigration to Canada consultants confirm the same.
    >
    >CAIPS files for applications in Nov-2001 are coming back indicating that the
    >files have been put into a queue for paper screening, and this is scheduled for
    >various dates in June-2003. This is unsual (but might not mean what it implies at
    >face value).
    >
    >It is completely apparent that something anomalous has happened to processing at CHC
    >London. Though CHC London has had various longish timeframes for interviews, paper
    >screening/initial review was always happening in a reliable 2-4 month timeframe.
    >Even as recently as 2 weeks ago, CHC London staff were saying (at Emigrate 2002)
    >that pink cards would definately be issued within 3-4 months - which is definately
    >not happening at the moment.
    >
    >Mike
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

--
Brian Ballard

Old Mar 31st 2002, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alexandra is an unknown quantity at this point

O....K.... Like Alice in Wonderland, curiousier and curiousier... Rules changed? Procedures changed? Anybody knows anything for definite?
Old Apr 1st 2002, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

marike is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I am in the same boat, I sent my application in in Nevember and got AOR after a week, date was 14, then in December my husband paid ROLF and on January 29 I did my medicals and they were sent away on February 18. This situation scares me a bit but I doubt it has anything to do with the Family Class Immigrant. If anything happens I will let you know.
Good luck to everybody,
Mari
Old Apr 1st 2002, 7:35 am
Michael Edwards

>> Have other people had medicals too?

No (for Nov-2001 or later), unless someone else knows better?

>> However last month got a letter requesting I go for my medical.

CHC London are not 100% reliable about sending out pink cards. As a guess, about 1 in
20 applications seem to go straight to medicals without an explicit pink card.

I would, cautiously, interprete it that you have most likely had your interview
waived. It certainly is a positive development.

>> Maybe London CHC are re-ordering the way they do things?

One comment that CHC London have made a few times is that currently security checks
are currently taking "5 times longer" that usual. It is possible that they
reorganising the processing sequence to reflect this (for instance paperscreening and
review only once security clearance has been received).

Mike

Old Apr 1st 2002, 1:35 pm
Berto Volpentes

Yes. Actually, now they are sending a sheet with what appears to be a = photocopy of
both sides of the pink card.

--=20 Good luck,

All opinions expressed are IMHO, not anyone else's

Berto Volpentesta, B.A. (Spec. Hons.), B.Ed. Member, OPIC Director, OPIC and
Education Committee Chairman

Sidhu & Volpentesta Inc. Serving people around the world since 1991

www.svcanada.com

"TJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
news:[email protected]...
    > Can any lawyers shed some light on it? Anybody in UK who applied in November
    > received a pink card already?

Old Apr 18th 2002, 5:00 am
Microbus

This may sound like a dumb question, but what is a pink card? My wife has applied for
her landed immigrant status, and she did have to have a medical, and since she
smokes, they also requested a pulminary test. Now they have requested a passport,
which, according to previous information from them, American's didn't need one.

On Sun, 31 Mar 2002 21:15:24 +0100, Brian Ballard
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm in the same boat here. My forms went into London in October 2001, with the
    >receipt conformation coming through in December. Since then I have received no pink
    >slip... so thought I was the odd one out! However last month got a letter requesting
    >I go for my medical. Have other people had medicals too? Maybe London CHC are
    >re-ordering the way they do things? Historically I have seen Medical as one of the
    >final events, but maybe they are getting people through medicals while we all wait
    >for forms to be assessed.
    >
    >Glad I am not the only in this situation with no slip....
    >
    >In message <[email protected]>, Michael Edwards
    ><[email protected]> writes
    >>> Same situation here.
    >>
    >>It appears that no one here have received pink cards for applications since
    >>Nov-2001. This is also the same for the main Yahoo forums for immigration to Canada
    >>from the UK.
    >>
    >>Two of the top UK-based immigration to Canada consultants confirm the same.
    >>
    >>CAIPS files for applications in Nov-2001 are coming back indicating that the
    >>files have been put into a queue for paper screening, and this is scheduled for
    >>various dates in June-2003. This is unsual (but might not mean what it implies at
    >>face value).
    >>
    >>It is completely apparent that something anomalous has happened to processing at
    >>CHC London. Though CHC London has had various longish timeframes for interviews,
    >>paper screening/initial review was always happening in a reliable 2-4 month
    >>timeframe. Even as recently as 2 weeks ago, CHC London staff were saying (at
    >>Emigrate 2002) that pink cards would definately be issued within 3-4 months - which
    >>is definately not happening at the moment.
    >>
    >>Mike
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >

Old Apr 18th 2002, 5:00 am
Andrew Miller

Every person applying for immigration visa must have a valid passport or other
acceptable travel document, period. No exemptions for anyone, including Americans.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"MicroBus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > This may sound like a dumb question, but what is a pink card? My wife has applied
    > for her landed immigrant status, and she did have to have a medical, and since she
    > smokes, they also requested a pulminary test. Now they have requested a passport,
    > which, according to previous information from them, American's didn't need one.
    >
    >
    > On Sun, 31 Mar 2002 21:15:24 +0100, Brian Ballard
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I'm in the same boat here. My forms went into London in October 2001, with the
    > >receipt conformation coming through in December. Since then I have received no
    > >pink slip... so thought I was the odd one out! However last month got a letter
    > >requesting I go for my medical. Have other people had medicals too? Maybe London
    > >CHC are re-ordering the way they do things? Historically I have seen Medical as
    > >one of the final events, but maybe they are getting people through medicals while
    > >we all wait for forms to be assessed.
    > >
    > >Glad I am not the only in this situation with no slip....
    > >
    > >In message <[email protected]>, Michael Edwards
    > ><[email protected]> writes
    > >>> Same situation here.
    > >>
    > >>It appears that no one here have received pink cards for applications since
    > >>Nov-2001. This is also the same for the main Yahoo forums for immigration
to
    > >>Canada from the UK.
    > >>
    > >>Two of the top UK-based immigration to Canada consultants confirm the same.
    > >>
    > >>CAIPS files for applications in Nov-2001 are coming back indicating that
the
    > >>files have been put into a queue for paper screening, and this is scheduled for
    > >>various dates in June-2003. This is unsual (but might not mean what it implies at
    > >>face value).
    > >>
    > >>It is completely apparent that something anomalous has happened to processing at
    > >>CHC London. Though CHC London has had various longish timeframes for interviews,
    > >>paper screening/initial review was always happening in a reliable 2-4 month
    > >>timeframe. Even as recently as 2 weeks ago, CHC London staff were saying (at
    > >>Emigrate 2002) that pink cards would definately be issued within 3-4 months -
    > >>which is definately not happening at the moment.
    > >>
    > >>Mike
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>
    > >