Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Extending Visitor Status while applying for permanent residence

Extending Visitor Status while applying for permanent residence

Old Apr 1st 2002, 5:05 pm
%Name%

Default Extending Visitor Status while applying for permanent residence

My mother is visiting me in Canada and her visitor status is about to expire. While
she is visiting me, I started to apply immigration for her and I just got my
sponsorship approved. I would like her to stay a few months more before she goes back
to China to wait for her immigration status. Will her visitor status extension
application be rejected because I am sponsoring her to apply for immigration in the
mean time? Some people told me that I could use "waiting for immigration result" as
the reason to extend her visitor status, is this true? But actually I just want her
to spend a nice summer here and she does want to go back to China after the summer no
matter whether she can get her immigration status or not. So I want to put "spend
summer in Canada with me" as the reason for the visitor status extension, is it OK?

Any suggestions are well appreciated.

Old Apr 2nd 2002, 3:35 am
Webimmigration.

Default Re: Extending Visitor Status while applying for permanent residence

Hi:

Generally, the CPC in Vegreville will allow an extension for the first time, if it
can be shown that your mother will exit Canada upon the expiration of her extension.

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

"%NAME%" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > My mother is visiting me in Canada and her visitor status is about to expire.
    > While she is visiting me, I started to apply immigration for her and I just got my
    > sponsorship approved. I would like her to stay a few months more before she goes
    > back to China to wait for her immigration status. Will her visitor status
    > extension application be rejected because I am sponsoring her to apply for
    > immigration in the mean time? Some people told me that I could use "waiting for
    > immigration result" as the reason to extend her visitor status, is this true? But
    > actually I just want her to spend a nice summer here and she does want to go back
    > to China after the summer no matter whether she can get her immigration status or
    > not. So I want to put "spend summer in Canada with me" as the reason for the
    > visitor status extension, is it OK?
    >
    > Any suggestions are well appreciated.

Old Apr 2nd 2002, 4:35 pm
%Name%

Ms. Chen,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Actually this will be the second time
I am trying to extend my mother's visitor status. Is the chance of getting the
2nd extension low, especially with her immigration application going on at the
same time?

Thank you very much again for any input !

"WebImmigration.Com" wrote:

> Hi:
    >
    > Generally, the CPC in Vegreville will allow an extension for the first time, if it
    > can be shown that your mother will exit Canada upon the expiration of her
    > extension.
    >
    > Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.
    > _____________________
    > Webimmigration.com 225-141 Bannatyne Ave. E. Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada R3B 0R3 Tel:
    > 1-204-943-3303 Fax: 1-204-943-2625 Email: [email protected] Visit our website
    > at: www.webimmigration.com
    >
    > "%NAME%" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > My mother is visiting me in Canada and her visitor status is about to expire.
    > > While she is visiting me, I started to apply immigration for her and I just got
    > > my sponsorship approved. I would like her to stay a few months more before she
    > > goes back to China to wait for her immigration status. Will her visitor status
    > > extension application be rejected because I am sponsoring her to apply for
    > > immigration in the mean time? Some people told me that I could use "waiting for
    > > immigration result" as the reason to extend her visitor status, is this true? But
    > > actually I just want her to spend a nice summer here and she does want to go back
    > > to China after the summer no matter whether she can get her immigration status or
    > > not. So I want to put "spend summer in Canada with me" as the reason for the
    > > visitor status extension, is it OK?
    > >
    > > Any suggestions are well appreciated.

Old Apr 18th 2002, 5:30 am
Monarch

Hiya...

I really don't think that Imm. Canada will turn down your request for an extension.
BUT... I'd make sure that they know that her Landing paper work is being processed.

That's what I did. My Landed paper work is very close to being finished. I've had few
extensions. Thankfully, I've now got a work visa. whew

On Tue, 02 Apr 2002 10:50:22 -0500, "%NAME%" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Ms. Chen,
    >
    > Thank you very much for your quick reply. Actually this will be the second time
    > I am trying to extend my mother's visitor status. Is the chance of getting the
    > 2nd extension low, especially with her immigration application going on at the
    > same time?
    >
    >Thank you very much again for any input !
    >
    >"WebImmigration.Com" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi:
    >>
    >> Generally, the CPC in Vegreville will allow an extension for the first time, if it
    >> can be shown that your mother will exit Canada upon the expiration of her
    >> extension.
    >>
    >> Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.
    >> _____________________
    >> Webimmigration.com 225-141 Bannatyne Ave. E. Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada R3B 0R3
    >> Tel: 1-204-943-3303 Fax: 1-204-943-2625 Email: [email protected] Visit our
    >> website at: www.webimmigration.com
    >>
    >> "%NAME%" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> > My mother is visiting me in Canada and her visitor status is about to expire.
    >> > While she is visiting me, I started to apply immigration for her and I just got
    >> > my sponsorship approved. I would like her to stay a few months more before she
    >> > goes back to China to wait for her immigration status. Will her visitor status
    >> > extension application be rejected because I am sponsoring her to apply for
    >> > immigration in the mean time? Some people told me that I could use "waiting for
    >> > immigration result" as the reason to extend her visitor status, is this true?
    >> > But actually I just want her to spend a nice summer here and she does want to go
    >> > back to China after the summer no matter whether she can get her immigration
    >> > status or not. So I want to put "spend summer in Canada with me" as the reason
    >> > for the visitor status extension, is it OK?
    >> >
    >> > Any suggestions are well appreciated.
    >