Paying to get into Canada

Old Nov 5th 2007, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

andyg is a jewel in the roughandyg is a jewel in the roughandyg is a jewel in the roughandyg is a jewel in the rough
Default Paying to get into Canada

I once heard that there was a scheme in which one deposited a large amount of money for a certain amount of time with some less popular areas of Canada in which they then granted you Citizenship, does this scheme exist?
Old Nov 5th 2007, 2:54 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paying to get into Canada

No...Citizenship only occurs after you have lived here for at least 3 years.

You are thinking of some of the provincial and federal investor class nominations for PR I think, and there is a little more to it than just leaving the money.

I suggest you go to the www.cic.gc.ca website and then from there check out the federal and various provincial programs. The ones closest to what you are suggesting for permanent residency are in the maritime provinces, new brunswick or PEI perhaps. Numbers are very limited, and there are conditions to it.

Last edited by iaink; Nov 5th 2007 at 3:17 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 3:03 pm
jedi in training

buzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Paying to get into Canada

Originally Posted by andyg
I once heard that there was a scheme in which one deposited a large amount of money for a certain amount of time with some less popular areas of Canada in which they then granted you Citizenship, does this scheme exist?
hi try this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...tors/index.asp

Last edited by buzz365; Nov 5th 2007 at 3:07 pm.