Moved: Landing

Old Nov 5th 2007, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

cynthia2373 will become famous soon enoughcynthia2373 will become famous soon enough
Default Moved: Landing

Hi

We're flying to Canada tomorrow but don't want to land yet even though we have our visas. Question is: is that OK or do we HAVE to land now?
Answers greatly appreciated as we may have lots of form filling to do today if it's not the answer I wanted!!
Thanks
Cynthia
Old Nov 5th 2007, 6:55 am
Account Closed

woofwoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landing

Originally Posted by cynthia2373
Hi

We're flying to Canada tomorrow but don't want to land yet even though we have our visas. Question is: is that OK or do we HAVE to land now?
Answers greatly appreciated as we may have lots of form filling to do today if it's not the answer I wanted!!
Thanks
Cynthia

As long as you land before they expire you can land when you want
Old Nov 5th 2007, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

cynthia2373 will become famous soon enoughcynthia2373 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by woofwoof
As long as you land before they expire you can land when you want
Brilliant, thank you very much. We're just going for a quick recce but aren't organised with what we will want to take with us yet.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 7:09 am
Account Closed

woofwoof is an unknown quantity at this point

Brilliant, thank you very much. We're just going for a quick recce but aren't organised with what we will want to take with us yet.
If your worried about the GTF list.......put everything on it that you own...and if you decide not to take half of it, it doesn't matter
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

JulesinUK is an unknown quantity at this point

We landed two weeks ago for a reccie but aren't moving out until next summer and although we had our very well prepared Goods to Follow list with us, they didn't even want to see it!!
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JulesinUK
We landed two weeks ago for a reccie but aren't moving out until next summer and although we had our very well prepared Goods to Follow list with us, they didn't even want to see it!!
Congratulations! Bet that was a weight off your mind.
We haven't even got a very well prepared GTF list. We've started making alist of stuff we think we'll take but it's just the thing about knowing quantities (i.e. we have lots of pictures etc.) would you just put assortment of pictures or did you put a number?
Thanks!
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Congratulations! Bet that was a weight off your mind.
We haven't even got a very well prepared GTF list. We've started making alist of stuff we think we'll take but it's just the thing about knowing quantities (i.e. we have lots of pictures etc.) would you just put assortment of pictures or did you put a number?
Thanks!
Yes, it certainly was a relief!
We put our pictures down as 'various framed pictures' then a value. Hard to do but we gave a rough estimate.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JulesinUK
Yes, it certainly was a relief!
We put our pictures down as 'various framed pictures' then a value. Hard to do but we gave a rough estimate.
Great thanks for that! That's what I was going to do but wasn't sure it was OK. As they didn't have any problems with yours, that's what I'll do too!
Thank you!
Old Nov 5th 2007, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Great thanks for that! That's what I was going to do but wasn't sure it was OK. As they didn't have any problems with yours, that's what I'll do too!
Thank you!
I'm hoping that is ok. As I said, they didn't even look at our goods to follow so it won't be looked at until we move out next year !! but I'd have thought it would be ok