Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Passport Request Finally - Passport Problem

Passport Request Finally - Passport Problem

Old Jul 15th 2016, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

CraigColligan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport Request Finally - Passport Problem

Hi all,
Finally got our PPR/COPR letter. The spanner in the works is that my youngest daughters passport expires on 21st Sept 2016 ! If I am reading this right, this would mean we all have to land before this date rather than April 17 (1 year after our medicals) which which at this point would be pretty much impossible. Would it cause a problem if I renew her passport before sending the requested copy ? We can get a fast track application so can have a new passport in 7 days so have time in hand however obviously it will have a different number etc from the previously sent in copy which was only done last month.
Anyone done this or know if it would be a problem ? Cant believe we are at the last hurdle - we sent our application on 31st Oct 14 - only for this to possibly trip us up !!
Help or reassurance most appreciated
Thanks,

Craig C
Old Jul 15th 2016, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Request Finally - Passport Problem

On the Ready for Visa notice does it not specify that the passport should be be valid for at least six months? On the ones I have just checked, it does.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Jul 15th 2016 at 10:33 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2016, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

No, no mention of six months. We are FSW applicants prior to EE. It says "If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:
 Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments
of the valid passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.
 Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your
medical examinations or earlier if your passport or the passports of your spouse or
dependant children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date."
Old Jul 15th 2016, 11:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

CIC have issued the COPR form based on the passport you submitted.
You would need to contact CIC and request a new COPR be issued based on the new passport provided to them.
Otherwise the landing must be done before 21 Sep 2016 for the Principal Applicant and the family member who's COPR expires on 21 Sep 2016.

Its 12 months from the date of medical results OR sooner if the passport expires within that 12 months. You need to contact CIC if you can't do the landing before 21 Sep 2016 otherwise that COPR expires and a new application for that person would need to be started. There is no need for the Principal Applicant and youngest daughter to stay and live in Canada. Quick flight in and out.
Old Jul 15th 2016, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

OK. I have been looking at EE ones which quite clearly say (copy/paste):

Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.

S
Old Jul 15th 2016, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh sorry I did not realize: has your COPR document been issued already or have you just had a passport request? (the latter is what I had thought).

S
Old Jul 15th 2016, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

FL - We don't have the COPR yet, just the PPR letter. Can I renew her passport before I submit the biopage copys requested which would then have 10 years on it ? During this process, my other daughter has also had to renew her passport and also turned 18 so needed to fill in her own forms which will have had a different passport number on from the originals submitted. There is also an "updated information" chart to fill asking for names, Passport number and expiry, eye colour, height and native language. Do they use this form and the latest biopages to issue the COPR ?
Old Jul 15th 2016, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

Snowy - Passport request. COPR not issued yet. Typing reply above when you reply came through sorry.
Old Jul 15th 2016, 11:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CraigColligan
FL - We don't have the COPR yet, just the PPR letter. Can I renew her passport before I submit the biopage copys requested which would then have 10 years on it ? During this process, my other daughter has also had to renew her passport and also turned 18 so needed to fill in her own forms which will have had a different passport number on from the originals submitted. There is also an "updated information" chart to fill asking for names, Passport number and expiry, eye colour, height and native language. Do they use this form and the latest biopages to issue the COPR ?
Just send the new passport info with a brief explanation that it has been renewed.
I was under the impression the COPR had been issued.
Old Jul 16th 2016, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Just send the new passport info with a brief explanation that it has been renewed.
I was under the impression the COPR had been issued.
Yes I agree and write in good time (before your deadline is it 30 days?) to request more time in case there's a delay with issuing the new passport. Explain to CIC why you're renewing the passport at this late stage.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Jul 16th 2016 at 1:13 am.