LMIA application form

Old Jul 5th 2016, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

clily is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LMIA application form

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone has some advice/thoughts on a couple of questions on the LMIA application form ( EMP5593).

Background:
I'm employed in a skilled position in Vancouver via the LMIA exempt IEC visa. My current work permit is valid until February 2018. My employer would like to attempt to qualify for an LMIA to support my PR application under the Canadian experience class once my work experience here hits one year in March 2017.

We're beginning the process now and there are just a couple of questions on the application form that I would like some advice on.

The position we are submitting the LMIA for is the job I already do, this can be indicated under question 8 of the foreign worker information section 'Have you previously employed or do you currently employ this foreign worker on a LMIA-based work permit or an LMIA-Exempt work permit?'

However Question 4 of the Job Offer information section asks for the 'expected employment start date'
All going well I shouldn't have to leave the job at any point as we have plenty of time for submitting the LMIA application and PR application so what would be the best date to answer this question with? The day after my current visa ends? I assume that ultimately this doesn't matter and if I get PR sooner I can just flagpole and carry on working with an updated SIN etc?

My second question is regarding the high wage stream and low wage stream sections. The information on the esdc site infers that this only applies to temporary foreign workers. The LMIA application will not be for duel intent it will only be for PR so does the high wage stream/low wage stream section apply?

Really appreciate any help.

Thanks!
Old Jul 5th 2016, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

enak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMIA application form

We got an LMIA for an existing worker recently. In his case, we came up with a start date based on when we thought the LMIA was likely to come through. As you say, they already know you employ the worker.

I can't answer the low wage category stuff as our worker was dual intent with highish income.
Old Jul 5th 2016, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by enak
We got an LMIA for an existing worker recently. In his case, we came up with a start date based on when we thought the LMIA was likely to come through. As you say, they already know you employ the worker.

I can't answer the low wage category stuff as our worker was dual intent with highish income.

Appreciate your insights, Thank you!
Old Jul 16th 2016, 2:05 am
Just Joined

Hello!

>Snipped in it's entirety<

Tom

Thank you, I believe i'll fall under high wage so i'll check the requirements for that just to be 100% sure.

Appreciate the additional resources too

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 16th 2016 at 7:46 am. Reason: Sorry, had to remove the tout for business. :)