passport request?

Old Sep 5th 2013, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

George1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to all
Default passport request?

Hi guys

It's me the pain in the backside again lol. Having being looking through the posts I'm a little confused, when applying under the family class (common law sponsorship) is the UK a passport request exempt country or will my passport be requested for stamping ??

Thanks for any reponse
Old Sep 5th 2013, 5:19 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: passport request?

Originally Posted by George1987
Hi guys

It's me the pain in the backside again lol. Having being looking through the posts I'm a little confused, when applying under the family class (common law sponsorship) is the UK a passport request exempt country or will my passport be requested for stamping ??

Thanks for any reponse
You don't need to supply the passport. You'll just get a letter.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

George1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by orly
You don't need to supply the passport. You'll just get a letter.
Your a star

Thanks
Old Sep 6th 2013, 12:59 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Orly is only half-correct. It depends where you are living.

Are you living in the UK or in Canada?

If you're in Canada, you'll go straight to COPR.

If you're in the UK, they will ask you to send a photocopy of your entire passport (not the physical passport) and you'll then be issued with COPR.

Old Sep 6th 2013, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

I'm in the UK at the moment, a photocopy of my passport photo page was sent in with my application , the rest of the passport is blank as it was a new one with only one stamp from turkey in it .
Old Sep 6th 2013, 1:39 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah ,they'll still ask for a photocopy of thew hole passport - my husband only had one Canadian stamp in his as he renewed it shortly before we applied for his PR. But if you're resident int he UK they'll ask for copies of the whole passport, including the blank pages. That way they have your "passport", just not the physical one (you can see why they won't just take your word for it that the pages are blank, hehe!).

My full timeline is in my signature which includes PPR.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

so-impatient is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually - I like in the UK and I never got asked to send my whole passport I just got my COPR seems like lots of people have got it the same way.

I dont think there is a passport request anymore for the UK even a photocopy.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 9:26 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by so-impatient
Actually - I like in the UK and I never got asked to send my whole passport I just got my COPR seems like lots of people have got it the same way.

I dont think there is a passport request anymore for the UK even a photocopy.
Interesting! Maybe it's a change for 2013, a load of the 2012 lot had that request around here... Though I haven't seen many people posting lately for it so I may have been mistaken!