outland sponsorship, confused

Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

craig25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default outland sponsorship, confused

hi everyone i would like to ask so many questions about my application,its so confusing,iam sure cic could make it more straight forward

APPLICATION TO SPONSOR AND UNDERTAKING
q1 if you are found ineligible to sponsor do you want to withdraw your sponsorship fees ? or continue for the permanent residence application ?

why would you you want to continue if you get refused ?

SPONSORED SPOUSE/PARTNER QUESTIONNAIRE FORM

q28 are you currently living with your sponsor ?

yes ?
no - when did your sponsor return to canada ?

iam living with my girl friend in canada then going back to england when i send this application so if i select no it asks me when did my sponsor return to canada ?,she didnt even leave canada as we were living together in canada so this question makes no sence

APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE FORM

visa office requested for the process of your application ?

The guide says send the application of to mississauga so would i put mississauga or would i put london ?

i would appreciate any advise to these questions,i wont be sending the application off till august but iam trying to get the most done now.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice
Default Re: outland sponsorship, confused

Originally Posted by craig25
hi everyone i would like to ask so many questions about my application,its so confusing,iam sure cic could make it more straight forward

APPLICATION TO SPONSOR AND UNDERTAKING
q1 if you are found ineligible to sponsor do you want to withdraw your sponsorship fees ? or continue for the permanent residence application ?

why would you you want to continue if you get refused ?

SPONSORED SPOUSE/PARTNER QUESTIONNAIRE FORM

q28 are you currently living with your sponsor ?

yes ?
no - when did your sponsor return to canada ?

iam living with my girl friend in canada then going back to england when i send this application so if i select no it asks me when did my sponsor return to canada ?,she didnt even leave canada as we were living together in canada so this question makes no sence

APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE FORM

visa office requested for the process of your application ?

The guide says send the application of to mississauga so would i put mississauga or would i put london ?

i would appreciate any advise to these questions,i wont be sending the application off till august but iam trying to get the most done now.
yes, i agree some of the questions sound ridiculous!! I am filling in that very form today!!
I (obviously) put withdraw application if sponsorship refused (maybe some like to chance it and see if they get approved??)
cant answer q28 for you as we are living together in UK, and other half has no intention of returning to canada until i do.
and for the visa office box we specified London, as if you called for interview it would be in the country processing the app, so if you specified another visa office you would have to go for interview there also.

Good luck with your application!!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:11 am
Just Joined

dewy99 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi craig
i have just basically gone through the same thing,my wife lives in canada and me over here .we filled in all our forms ,then sent them to missasunga ,they processed the first part then couriered them to london for them to do my part
everything got put in one big folder my meds ,police check,pics,and all of her docs. we sent this dec 20th,got reply jan 12 th that she was approved,london started mine jan19th and got request for passport on march 9th
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

craig25 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi thanks for the reply so what did you put for q28 ?,when did your common law return to canada ?, also did you fill in the common law union form and get it signed by an oath ?
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 6:36 am
Just Joined

dewy99 is an unknown quantity at this point

i am not sure what we put ,ours might have been different she has lived there all her life,so has never had to return . we certainly did not have to sign anything under oath. i guess our marriage certificate was enough proof of relationship oh and wedding photos
sorry craig i thought you guys were married yes i think its different you will have to prove the relationship is genuine i suppose that question is on there for cases where a canadian meets say a brit over here and they both decide to go back to canada
the answer to question 1 is that if you put in you want to withdraw if sponsorship is refused you get the pr fees back if you dont they keep the lot ,assuming you pay everything upfront which is easier
one theory on the are you living together .....they are supposed to try and unite couples /partners as quickly as possible so living apart might speed things up
we sent everything to miss but london is the visa office ,when you get the meds done the doc also sends the results to london
lastly good luck craig i imagine you will have a harder time than me

Last edited by dewy99; Mar 23rd 2009 at 6:53 am.