SW PR Application queries?

Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

Bainesy36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SW PR Application queries?

Hi all,

We are soon to be heading for Calgary in May of this year on our Bunac Visas hopefully, but we're looking at starting our PR application now, so that if it takes the full 12 months, it will still come through before our 12 month visas run out. Sophie is a Registered Nurse and therefore qualifies on 'The List' and we've worked out that she/we should score 73 points through the 6 criteria on the system provided on CIC.

Our queries are this (for now):
1) As we are currently in the UK, would there be any confusion through the application process with regards to our home address changing? and
2) Can Sophie use the results from her Medical that she has had today, to submit with both the Bunac Visa and the PR application?

I'm sure we'll have plenty of other questions as we start to wade through the paperwork involved, so any tips or advice would be gratefully accepted!

Nige and Sophie.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:03 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SW PR Application queries?

Hi

Originally Posted by Bainesy36
Hi all,

We are soon to be heading for Calgary in May of this year on our Bunac Visas hopefully, but we're looking at starting our PR application now, so that if it takes the full 12 months, it will still come through before our 12 month visas run out. Sophie is a Registered Nurse and therefore qualifies on 'The List' and we've worked out that she/we should score 73 points through the 6 criteria on the system provided on CIC.

Our queries are this (for now):
1) As we are currently in the UK, would there be any confusion through the application process with regards to our home address changing? and
2) Can Sophie use the results from her Medical that she has had today, to submit with both the Bunac Visa and the PR application?

I'm sure we'll have plenty of other questions as we start to wade through the paperwork involved, so any tips or advice would be gratefully accepted!

Nige and Sophie.
1. Not really as long as you keep the overseas office informed as to your address. Although since you will be applying to CIU Sydney, you should have someone forward the results to you so you can do an address change.
2. A new medical will be required.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future

HI Nige and Sophie

We are in the same position as you. Just waiting for hear if BUNAC approved (my medical results were sent to CHC London yesterday) and have also applied for PR (my job is on the list). We have actually already got our 120 day letter back from NS so just getting together all the docs.

Hopefully our BUNAC visa will be approved and we want to get out to Canada asap (my husband has job waiting for him) so if we do get to Canada, we will have to change our address with CHC London.

I would suggest you get the 1st stage of the application into NS asap so this will be done before you go in May.

Re Medicals- I put a post about this a few weeks ago as thought it was a bit of a waste of time and money to have to get another medical done. Link:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594351

Although PMM said in the post before you need a new medical, the notes lead me to believe that they may consider the medical already done if not more than a year ago. We were planning to write a letter to say had medical for BUNAC with all docs and see if they would accept it.

If you need anymore info, send me a Private Message.

Hope this helps

Lucy
Old Mar 20th 2009, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Bainesy36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for the reply Lucy.

I think we'll do as you've said and get the first stage of the application in ASAP before we leave. It's all getting very real now!

Any other views on the medical side of things would be good too, from others that may have been in a similar position to us.

Nige and Sophie.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future

HI Nige and Sophie

Sorry for late reply. I have been on holiday.

Spoke to BUNAC last week who said that the waiting time for hearing if Work Authorisation Letter has been issued is 2-3 weeks from when CIC, London receive medicals. Also heard from someone else doing the process that it took about 3 weeks for them.

CIC received my medical results last Weds (18th) so hopefully will hear something next week or week after (sooner rather than later, I hope!!)

Good luck with your PR application and let me know if you need any other help

Lucy