Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Our Timeline Federal Skilled Worker

Our Timeline Federal Skilled Worker

Old Nov 2nd 2009, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Bibendum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Our Timeline Federal Skilled Worker

Originally Posted by Bibendum
thanks for all the info guys. Hopefully it will be a smooth process!

bib
I was in the process of looking through the london office guidelines and it mentions "university transcripts in a sealed envelope". did anyone else do this, or is it just a case of sending in degree certificates?

thanks

bib
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

I was in the process of looking through the london office guidelines and it mentions "university transcripts in a sealed envelope". did anyone else do this, or is it just a case of sending in degree certificates?

thanks

bib
You must send transcripts, too.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Martin99
You must send transcripts, too.
Hi Martin

do they have to be in the envelope though? I have no trouble getting the transcripts but the bath university were a bit bemused by the envelope.

thanks bib
Old Nov 8th 2009, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks

bib
Hello everyone.
Just joined the forum...
Reference degree docs: I had to fill out a form to my old Uni for my transcript. I already had a copy but was not in a sealed envelope.I gues they want it sealed so that you do not alter it in any way. The uni were happy to do this for me and seemed to get asked for it alot.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 9:29 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Hello everyone.
Just joined the forum...
Reference degree docs: I had to fill out a form to my old Uni for my transcript. I already had a copy but was not in a sealed envelope.I gues they want it sealed so that you do not alter it in any way. The uni were happy to do this for me and seemed to get asked for it alot.
I've just applied for mine & for each uni, they ask if there was any special request so they must get a wide variety of requests.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 9:20 pm
The Seldom Seen Kid

Buchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really nice

I'm in the early phases of getting my info together and I,m not sure what these University Transcripts actually and how I get them. Sounds like I could do with sorting them asap if they're required later.

Also other than the police certs are there any other doc's that my take time to source?
Thanks in advance

thanks

bib
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 11:15 pm
Account Closed

Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Buchan6
I'm in the early phases of getting my info together and I,m not sure what these University Transcripts actually and how I get them. Sounds like I could do with sorting them asap if they're required later.

Also other than the police certs are there any other doc's that my take time to source?
Thanks in advance
Hi, This was actually one of the easier things we managed to get hold of. We just phoned the university switch board and they put us through to the right dept. They said that they were frequently asked for them and they were familiar with the required format. I requested mine on a friday and they arrived on the monday. Easy.(only thing that has been so far grr!) Just make sure you don't accidentally open it when it arrives. They have to be in a sealed envelpe to prove they have not been tampered with.
Good luck with that... and I am sure other people will shed more light on to other time consuming things they have come accross!
Regards Lorna x
Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:01 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance
My experience has been via application forms but otherwise as per Lorna's last post for university transcripts, but the costs can add up.

Other docs that may take some time are 10yrs payslips / P60s - which whilst not in the guide, I think BodgerX was asked for in his letter requesting his docs - will try & find that thread & add link.
I'm dreading that - will start soon, am doing it bit by bit - universities first.

p.s. link (but also noticed you were in that thread already)
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=641729&page=2

Last edited by Bali2010; Nov 24th 2009 at 11:05 am. Reason: added link
Old Nov 24th 2009, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bali2010
My experience has been via application forms but otherwise as per Lorna's last post for university transcripts, but the costs can add up.

Other docs that may take some time are 10yrs payslips / P60s - which whilst not in the guide, I think BodgerX was asked for in his letter requesting his docs - will try & find that thread & add link.
I'm dreading that - will start soon, am doing it bit by bit - universities first.

p.s. link (but also noticed you were in that thread already)
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=641729&page=2
I,m glad you mentioned pay slips. I thought I'd read somewhere about having payslips, but as you have already stated it is not in the visa specific instructions. Surely the lettter of reference tells them anyway that you have worked there and details job details, pay etc. So for what reason do they need pay slips????
Old Nov 25th 2009, 12:52 am
The Seldom Seen Kid

Buchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really nice

Cheers Lorna.
Lets just hope the person you spoke two wasn't hung over and sent you someone elses !

Originally Posted by Lorna999
I requested mine on a friday and they arrived on the monday. Easy.(They have to be in a sealed envelpe to prove they have not been tampered with.Regards Lorna x
Old Nov 25th 2009, 10:09 am
Account Closed

Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Lorna.
Lets just hope the person you spoke two wasn't hung over and sent you someone elses !
lol.... it wouldn't surprise me....

actually.... think I will just go and double check..............lol
Old Nov 26th 2009, 3:41 am
Just Joined

dayvt is an unknown quantity at this point

HI all, I thought I would share our time, we just recently applied to move to Canada in October 2009. Sent the application on the 8th and it was received in Sydney on the 15th.

Some background info we are an Engineer and a Doctor but applying as the doctor as prime applicant and Engineer as dependent. I will keep this post/thread updated to see how we progress.

bib
almost exactly the same day as mine. i'll keep a look out on your thread!

good luck
Old Nov 26th 2009, 3:57 am
Just Joined

Biloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really nice

I did not put any University transcripts for me or my wife - just photocpoied the Certificates (in fact for myself, I never received any transcipt of my results, just the Degree Certificate). I did not see anything in my guidelines about transcripts, but may have missed this ?

Should I get these (both my wife graduated from London Universities/College) and send them in.

Just to remind you, I applied in May 2007, and we submitted all documents to London over a month a go.

Thx
Biloo
Old Dec 16th 2009, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Well Sydney have emailed me to tell me we've been initially accepted.

So thats one hurdle over come, I guess the 120 Days start now!

bib

Last edited by Bibendum; Dec 16th 2009 at 8:42 am.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 9:19 am
Just Joined

dayvt is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Sydney have emailed me to tell me we've been initially accepted.

So thats one hurdle over come, I guess the 120 Days start now!

bib
how exciting! congrats!

heres hoping i hear tomorrow then!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.