Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Our Timeline Federal Skilled Worker

Our Timeline Federal Skilled Worker

Old Nov 1st 2009, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Bibendum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Our Timeline Federal Skilled Worker

HI all, I thought I would share our time, we just recently applied to move to Canada in October 2009. Sent the application on the 8th and it was received in Sydney on the 15th.

Some background info we are an Engineer and a Doctor but applying as the doctor as prime applicant and Engineer as dependent. I will keep this post/thread updated to see how we progress.

bib
Old Nov 1st 2009, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Our Timeline Federal Skilled Worker

Bib

we sent our initial application in Aug and got an email response informing us of our acceptance to submit a full application in Sept. We collated a lot of the personal documentation/proof prior to this approval on the belief we would get through, so our full application was sent off early Oct. We await response to this from London!

Being a Doc and Eng I would think that you would be safe to collate everything in advance, providing you are not a convicted murderer or something.

We applied as a Construction Project Manager and Podiatrist.

Good Luck
Old Nov 1st 2009, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

hi yam yam.

So far I have collected:

1. Degree Certificates
2. Job References, we aren't that old so it was 2 for each!
3. Got the forms lined up for police certificates but not sent them yet as they are only valid for a few months

thats about all i can think of.

bib
Old Nov 1st 2009, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

other things you could get ready include
*passport photocopies
*order birth certificates
*fill out all of the original visa forms again
*the police certificates take ages to arrive (longer than they say they will + postal strikes) - you should order them now
*degree transcripts from universities
*passport type photos (cic have specific requirements for these)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ed-mission.asp

Last edited by chanceUK; Nov 1st 2009 at 9:01 am.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road

Good advice.

The police certs are a tight call, I had to get them from 3 different countries so the 3 month limit was a close call. Being younger makes it easier and I would suggest it makes it an easier decision for the authorities aswell so the turn round will be quick maybe.
The big issue was to notarize or not? This alone takes time if you stick to the letter of the application not to mention the cost!
Old Nov 1st 2009, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yam Yam
Good advice.

The police certs are a tight call, I had to get them from 3 different countries so the 3 month limit was a close call. Being younger makes it easier and I would suggest it makes it an easier decision for the authorities aswell so the turn round will be quick maybe.
The big issue was to notarize or not? This alone takes time if you stick to the letter of the application not to mention the cost!
i'm 26 with a clean record, my UK police certificate still took a month to arrive.

I didnt notorize anything, I sent a mixture of photocopies and originals. It will actually work out cheaper to replace originals than get them notorized.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bibendum
HI all, I thought I would share our time, we just recently applied to move to Canada in October 2009. Sent the application on the 8th and it was received in Sydney on the 15th.

Some background info we are an Engineer and a Doctor but applying as the doctor as prime applicant and Engineer as dependent. I will keep this post/thread updated to see how we progress.

bib
Hi

You may wish to record your timeline on the following thread as there are a number of FSW applicants on there already sharing this info.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621358

The more the merrier!

Cheers

Martin
Old Nov 1st 2009, 3:09 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

bib
Hi Bib

You are a couple of weeks ahead of me, so I'll be keeping an eye out for when you get updates. I'm applying FSW1 under Financial Manager.

Good luck

Bali
Old Nov 1st 2009, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

bib
Hi Bib
Welcome to the forum
I would may be gather as much of the ' supporting documents ' in readiness of receiving a 120 day letter but may be hold fast just at the moment for your police checks as they are only valid for 90 days as others have mentioned but may be have the forms + ID's ready to send for your police checks . When i applied for mine they took 10 days to arrive ( using 10 service ) though it was back in April when i sent for them, a friend of mine recently requested his police check and it took 12 days to arrive .
All the best
regards
Joinerboy
Old Nov 1st 2009, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

markbev is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chanceUK
other things you could get ready include
*passport photocopies
*order birth certificates
*fill out all of the original visa forms again
*the police certificates take ages to arrive (longer than they say they will + postal strikes) - you should order them now
*degree transcripts from universities
*passport type photos (cic have specific requirements for these)

Might be a daft question but why do you need to order birth certificates?

We are sending our forms off this next week (Engineer and Teacher)

Fingers crossed for all of us!!!
Old Nov 1st 2009, 3:49 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markbev
Might be a daft question but why do you need to order birth certificates?

We are sending our forms off this next week (Engineer and Teacher)

Fingers crossed for all of us!!!
For me cos I didn't have a copy of mine and to get a copy of my sister's to prove I am related to her - get those extra points for family in canada.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the advice peeps.

I have made a note of everything to get a hold of, so hopefully if I get the AOR and not have screwed it up again (being dyslexic has its drawbacks!) then I'll file for the Police certs when it comes and then it'll be off.

bib
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Wags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really nice

Hiya

If you are applying to London then it is worth downloading their Visa Office Specific Instructions. There is a checklist for all the required documents for each category of application, Link below:

Good Luck
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:37 am
Account Closed

Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought I would just say hi! Seem to be working on the same time line as you. We sent our first application to NS on the 13 th Oct. We are a nurse and an architect...also hoping to move to Halifax. Will keep an eye on your progress....good luck!!
Here's to learning the art of extreme patience!! Good luck and hope things go smoothly for you!!

Lorna x
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lorna999
Thought I would just say hi! Seem to be working on the same time line as you. We sent our first application to NS on the 13 th Oct. We are a nurse and an architect...also hoping to move to Halifax. Will keep an eye on your progress....good luck!!
Here's to learning the art of extreme patience!! Good luck and hope things go smoothly for you!!

Lorna x
thanks for all the info guys. Hopefully it will be a smooth process!

bib

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.