originals or copies??

Old Sep 3rd 2005, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

giso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default originals or copies??

it said in the Visa Office Specific instruction "cairo"
"Place all the documents in a sealed envelope. Do not send originals. Send photocopies of all documents, except the police fingerprint certificates and the police certificates, which must be originals."

does this means i don't need to send any originals other than the police certificate??even reference letters and university grades or degrees??
i'm alittle confused here??
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 11:48 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice
Default Re: originals or copies??

Originally Posted by giso
"Place all the documents in a sealed envelope. Do not send originals. Send photocopies of all documents, except the police fingerprint certificates and the police certificates, which must be originals."

does this means i don't need to send any originals other than the police certificate??even reference letters and university grades or degrees??
I sent my application to Sydney and the requirements may be different for Cairo. However, I can't see the requirements being that different. When I submitted my application the only originals were my employment reference letters, police certificates and university academic record. My university results were contained within university sealed envelopes.

Also keep in mind that there are a lot of other documents that need to be certified before they are submitted.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't understand that either. The only originals I sent were the police certificate and the university transcript, since that was in a sealed envelope: that got past the AoR stage.

Of course I applied to London, Cairo may think differently.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road

only original thing that i sent was Police Certificate. Later they asked me to send True Certified copy of Employer letter from current employer.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

proo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by giso

We sent only copies except for the police certificates. We notarised the ones that required it. We only put originals in if we had extra copies.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

giso is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by proo
We sent only copies except for the police certificates. We notarised the ones that required it. We only put originals in if we had extra copies.
thanks all
i guess they always ask for orignals in :
police certificate
university degree
reference letters
others maybe copies
that's what i'll do anyway if they need originals in other papers they will require it from me ..right?