British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   originals or copies?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/originals-copies-323916/)

giso Sep 3rd 2005 10:39 am

originals or copies??

it said in the Visa Office Specific instruction "cairo"
"Place all the documents in a sealed envelope. Do not send originals. Send photocopies of all documents, except the police fingerprint certificates and the police certificates, which must be originals."

does this means i don't need to send any originals other than the police certificate??even reference letters and university grades or degrees??
i'm alittle confused here??

OzRob Sep 3rd 2005 11:48 am

Re: originals or copies??

Originally Posted by giso
"Place all the documents in a sealed envelope. Do not send originals. Send photocopies of all documents, except the police fingerprint certificates and the police certificates, which must be originals."

does this means i don't need to send any originals other than the police certificate??even reference letters and university grades or degrees??

I sent my application to Sydney and the requirements may be different for Cairo. However, I can't see the requirements being that different. When I submitted my application the only originals were my employment reference letters, police certificates and university academic record. My university results were contained within university sealed envelopes.

Also keep in mind that there are a lot of other documents that need to be certified before they are submitted.

MarkG Sep 3rd 2005 11:49 am

I didn't understand that either. The only originals I sent were the police certificate and the university transcript, since that was in a sealed envelope: that got past the AoR stage.

Of course I applied to London, Cairo may think differently.

orazone Sep 3rd 2005 1:33 pm

only original thing that i sent was Police Certificate. Later they asked me to send True Certified copy of Employer letter from current employer.

proo Sep 3rd 2005 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by giso

We sent only copies except for the police certificates. We notarised the ones that required it. We only put originals in if we had extra copies.

giso Sep 4th 2005 7:16 am

Originally Posted by proo
We sent only copies except for the police certificates. We notarised the ones that required it. We only put originals in if we had extra copies.

thanks all
i guess they always ask for orignals in :
police certificate
university degree
reference letters
others maybe copies
that's what i'll do anyway if they need originals in other papers they will require it from me ..right?