Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

One for the Girls (esp if you went to Harley Street for Meds)

One for the Girls (esp if you went to Harley Street for Meds)

Old Mar 21st 2009, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Tempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really nice
Default One for the Girls (esp if you went to Harley Street for Meds)

Just worrying slightly about our medical now it's booked (18th April!) as I have suddenly realised I haven't had a smear test recently - about 5 years ago (I know I should know better!) and although have booked one in for next week - I don't think the results are going to come in time (they approximate 4-6 weeks).

So what I wanted to ask is - I know reading through others posts this seems to vary, but those who attended Harley Street for your medicals, did you need your results with you? or did they not ask about it?

When OH booked up the medical they didn't mention to bring it with us and I can't find it on the paperwork that we need to take it - so I wasn't sure if we were supposed to take it as a precaution or if I have totally missed it and I need to take them and it will cause problems if I don't have them.

I think I've started to get to the stressy stage as it's so close to the end now so just wanted some reassurance and others experience!

Thanks girls! (and boys if you do end up reading it!)
Old Mar 21st 2009, 11:35 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One for the Girls (esp if you went to Harley Street for Meds)

Hi

I went to Harley Street for med in Nov 08 and I had the paper result with me from a test last year but was not asked about it.

Good luck
Old Mar 21st 2009, 11:38 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Also

Here is their website where you can see all the forms that doctor goes through with you etc

http://www.numberonehealth.co.uk/dyn...ng&pageid=Mzc=
Old Mar 21st 2009, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Tempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really nice

Thanks Nikki! I couldn't remember if it was you or FK that had gone to Harley Street and who to ask!
Old Mar 21st 2009, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light

I sugguest that you ring and ask them whether it is needed or not. Each DMP seems to follow different rules. It sods law that you dont have and they ask for it. At least if you know if it will be a problem, you are prepared and it wont upset you too much on the day. Doing the medical is stressful enough.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 12:44 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tempest
Thanks Nikki! I couldn't remember if it was you or FK that had gone to Harley Street and who to ask!
Hi Tempest, it was Nikki ....i went to Dublin. I took my test results with me, the DMP didn't even ask for them....so don't worry about it.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 1:17 pm
and the cat too

JulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud of

Just worrying slightly about our medical now it's booked (18th April!) as I have suddenly realised I haven't had a smear test recently - about 5 years ago (I know I should know better!) and although have booked one in for next week - I don't think the results are going to come in time (they approximate 4-6 weeks).

So what I wanted to ask is - I know reading through others posts this seems to vary, but those who attended Harley Street for your medicals, did you need your results with you? or did they not ask about it?

When OH booked up the medical they didn't mention to bring it with us and I can't find it on the paperwork that we need to take it - so I wasn't sure if we were supposed to take it as a precaution or if I have totally missed it and I need to take them and it will cause problems if I don't have them.

I think I've started to get to the stressy stage as it's so close to the end now so just wanted some reassurance and others experience!

Hi, I went to Harley Street recently(see my timeline), I took the date of my last test with me incase they asked for it but they didn't.

In fact the whole med was all really quick and easy.

So I wouldn't worry about it.

Julie
Old Mar 21st 2009, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Just worrying slightly about our medical now it's booked (18th April!) as I have suddenly realised I haven't had a smear test recently - about 5 years ago (I know I should know better!) and although have booked one in for next week - I don't think the results are going to come in time (they approximate 4-6 weeks).)
Had my NHS test October - took 13 weeks for results to come!

You can get a private one done by the doctor rather than nurse and this costs around £40 but results are much quicker.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 2:51 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
Had my NHS test October - took 13 weeks for results to come!

You can get a private one done by the doctor rather than nurse and this costs around £40 but results are much quicker.
That's shocking. I had mine done as usual at the GP in Feb and she told me they now have a 2 week deadline for results. I did get it 2 weeks to the day.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Girls! I think when I go to the docs next week I might see if they can rush through the results but will try not to stress too much about it if it's not possible!

I've made myself so worried about the meds - need to calm down a bit me thinks!
Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jmh
That's shocking. I had mine done as usual at the GP in Feb and she told me they now have a 2 week deadline for results. I did get it 2 weeks to the day.
Appalling. That's what I told them. Essex are apparently using a new testing system and at that time they had huge backlog because it takes longer and staff not used to new system. I pity anyone who has anything to cause concern!
Old Mar 21st 2009, 4:30 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Girls! I think when I go to the docs next week I might see if they can rush through the results but will try not to stress too much about it if it's not possible!

I've made myself so worried about the meds - need to calm down a bit me thinks!
Thats easier said than done, i came out in a rash on the drive down to the DMP By the time the doctor saw me i was covered in red blotches...he never even asked about it

Everyone stresses about it but it's over really quickly...honest
Old Mar 21st 2009, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Location: We have bought a beautiful house overlooking a lake in High River!
Tamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant future

Hi there,

I didn't go to Harley St for my medical as I went to Liverpool towards the end of February this year. I was concerned about my smear test as it is due right now! The doctor who did my examination didn't even mention it so seriously try not to worry. If your medical is anything like ours the whole proceedure is very simple and nothing whatsoever to worry about! I'ts nowhere near as bad as a trip to the dentist!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

i went to harley street last week and didnt get asked about my smear . also, its worth just getting the smear test done even if you dont get the results on time. IF the dmp or immigration ever want it then they can ask and hopefully you will have it by then. i had my smear this year and if i recall rightly it took about three weeks to come through.

good luck, xara