Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

OMG why is education accreditation so hard??

OMG why is education accreditation so hard??

Old Mar 4th 2019, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Loraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG why is education accreditation so hard??

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Sorry, only just seen your comment in the middle of your quote - please start your quotes again as they've gone horribly wrong! If they are willing to extend the endorsement then that's very rare but amazing, and helps you out short term. But the bottom line is that without an ECA saying that you have completed high school, you don't qualify for PR via that program, so unless you can get an ECA stating that, all it buys you is a bit of time I'm afraid. It would give you some breathing space though, so if they are willing to do that, then definitely grab that opportunity with both hands!
Thank you. I've called all the companies listed on CIC website and none of them will accredit a professional degree, so what about professional trades like electricians, hairdressers, bakers etc. How do they get their traded accredited? Could I go down that route?
Old Mar 4th 2019, 5:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loraine 1
Thank you. I've called all the companies listed on CIC website and none of them will accredit a professional degree, so what about professional trades like electricians, hairdressers, bakers etc. How do they get their traded accredited? Could I go down that route?
Getting a trade registration is very different to getting an ECA for immigration purposes though - and it's the latter you need for a PR app. A hairdresser would be in the same situation, unless they had other academic qualifications.
Old Mar 4th 2019, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Loraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond repute

My goodness. I've spent all day ringing round and emailing trying to get some answers. The whole process is so confusing to me. Hubby is going to look at the info I've got as it makes more sense to him.

Thanks for all your help
Old Mar 6th 2019, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

claphamer is an unknown quantity at this point

Do let us know how you get on. crossing my fingers for you!