Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Old Skilled Worker applicants left on the scrap heap?

Old Skilled Worker applicants left on the scrap heap?

Old Nov 2nd 2009, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Old Skilled Worker applicants left on the scrap heap?

Originally Posted by Madhouse
Spooky. How did you contact them. Was it by email?
Just the online form for London CHC.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Pengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nice

Originally Posted by bodgerx
Wohooo. Document request arrived this morning. Any one else got the letter?
Fantastic .. they must have me yelling from here !

Congrats chuck !!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

ahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant future

Congrats Falcore, things seems to be really moving now from London !!!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

ahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant future

Did u get any reply by email from them ?? I've got a reply today saying that it's still under process and i don't have to do anything and if they want something they'll post me the letter, so i'm thinking couple of more days to go before they issue anything for me !!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

jugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nice

Congratulations...fantastic news!!! So it looks as if they haven't forgotten about all us old un's after all!! Keeping everything crossed for you..and all of us just behind you in the queue!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Did you just ask them how much longer it would be until you heard something from them?
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

teutonicjj is an unknown quantity at this point

Got ours this morning... YAY! Got our degree certificates ready to send, just need to try and find all old old GCSE certificates... (do we actually need them?)
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by teutonicjj
Got ours this morning... YAY! Got our degree certificates ready to send, just need to try and find all old old GCSE certificates... (do we actually need them?)
Wow! Well done everyone!!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

LandO will become famous soon enoughLandO will become famous soon enough

Congratulations everybody who received their " request of documents letter" today. Our AOR is 24 Aug '07 so hopefully our brown envelope will also come through the letterbox soon.

But on the other hand my OH's work told him today they going to send him on a secondment to the States for 6 months (with the aim to make it permanent) and want us to be ready to leave by the end of the year. Dont know what to do now

Our personal choice is Canada but financially cant afford it at the moment. With work they going to pay the rental of house and car for the next 6 months with a daily food allowance. And the main thing is he has a job to go to over in the States as to trying to find a job in Canada with todays economic situation. Unfortunately his job is no longer on "the list" so this will be our only chance. Unless we eventually can squeeze another move out of this company to one of the Canadian offices

Will let you know if and when we get the brown envelope.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

teutonicjj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teutonicjj
Forgot to add, our AOR was 24 Aug 2007
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Canada Hopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

We received our letter today too! (AOR Sep 11 2007). Now to work with the documentation gathering! Best of luck to everyone else.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LandO
Congratulations everybody who received their " request of documents letter" today. Our AOR is 24 Aug '07 so hopefully our brown envelope will also come through the letterbox soon.

But on the other hand my OH's work told him today they going to send him on a secondment to the States for 6 months (with the aim to make it permanent) and want us to be ready to leave by the end of the year. Dont know what to do now

Our personal choice is Canada but financially cant afford it at the moment. With work they going to pay the rental of house and car for the next 6 months with a daily food allowance. And the main thing is he has a job to go to over in the States as to trying to find a job in Canada with todays economic situation. Unfortunately his job is no longer on "the list" so this will be our only chance. Unless we eventually can squeeze another move out of this company to one of the Canadian offices

Will let you know if and when we get the brown envelope.
You could still go ahead and do your US move and continue with your Canada application. If your were issued with Canada visas you just have to land within a year (return to the US) and then maintain 2 out of 5 years to keep PR status.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ahmadtajwer
Did u get any reply by email from them ?? I've got a reply today saying that it's still under process and i don't have to do anything and if they want something they'll post me the letter, so i'm thinking couple of more days to go before they issue anything for me !!
No reply - just the request.

You aren't from the UK are you?
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by act1980
Did you just ask them how much longer it would be until you heard something from them?
No, I just asked if they could tell if there was a known delay, or if there was something that was preventing my application from progressing.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

No, I just asked if they could tell if there was a known delay, or if there was something that was preventing my application from progressing.
Ah ok. Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.