Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Old Skilled Worker applicants left on the scrap heap?

Old Skilled Worker applicants left on the scrap heap?

Old Oct 31st 2009, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Old Skilled Worker applicants left on the scrap heap?

Originally Posted by jugapper
We applied Oct 07 and like you have been wondering what has been going on since August. Up until then it was 2 years 1 month til update letters were being received, then all of a sudden, nothing.. Drives us mad this not knowing business!

Someone out there must know whats going on surely...
We also applied Out 07. It you look at our timeline we recieved our AOR Nov 5th. We have yet to hear anything too
Old Oct 31st 2009, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

ahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by act1980
We also applied Out 07. It you look at our timeline we recieved our AOR Nov 5th. We have yet to hear anything too
Guys , i have checked trackitt for new applicants, CIC is continuously issuing docs. request to all new applicants every month, it's just quiet side for old applicants
Old Oct 31st 2009, 5:56 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by ahmadtajwer
Guys , i have checked trackitt for new applicants, CIC is continuously issuing docs. request to all new applicants every month, it's just quiet side for old applicants

Small solace, but here is what Kenney said in the 2010 Immigration plan.

"Although the Action Plan has been in place for less than a year, early indications are that it is paying off. “People applying now under the federal skilled worker program can expect to receive a decision within six to twelve months, compared to up to six years under the old system,” said Minister Kenney. “We've also brought the backlog of federal skilled worker applicants down from over 630,000 to 425,000—a reduction of more than 30%.”

The backlog consists of people who applied before February 27, 2008, the date the Action Plan took effect. Since then, almost 240,000 people have applied to the new federal skilled worker program under the Action Plan. But even with those additional applicants, the total number of people currently awaiting a decision on their application is still 12% lower than when the Action Plan took effect.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Small solace, but here is what Kenney said in the 2010 Immigration plan.

"Although the Action Plan has been in place for less than a year, early indications are that it is paying off. “People applying now under the federal skilled worker program can expect to receive a decision within six to twelve months, compared to up to six years under the old system,” said Minister Kenney. “We've also brought the backlog of federal skilled worker applicants down from over 630,000 to 425,000—a reduction of more than 30%.”

The backlog consists of people who applied before February 27, 2008, the date the Action Plan took effect. Since then, almost 240,000 people have applied to the new federal skilled worker program under the Action Plan. But even with those additional applicants, the total number of people currently awaiting a decision on their application is still 12% lower than when the Action Plan took effect.
Thanks PMM. Interesting. I did wondered how many were applying under the new rules. It seems Trackitt is flooded with the new applicants, but obviously the real picture is slightly different.

Hopefully it's just London with a temporary blimp, and they'll kick into life again soon on the old applicants. As long as there is at least some commitment to continue processing the old applicants at a reasonable rate and we aren't being left to 'rot'...
Old Nov 1st 2009, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Pengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nice

Originally Posted by bodgerx
Thanks PMM. Interesting. I did wondered how many were applying under the new rules. It seems Trackitt is flooded with the new applicants, but obviously the real picture is slightly different.

Hopefully it's just London with a temporary blimp, and they'll kick into life again soon on the old applicants. As long as there is at least some commitment to continue processing the old applicants at a reasonable rate and we aren't being left to 'rot'...
It's the not knowing Bodg .. my police checks were done in June .. and sent with other dox at the end of July .. seems there's only 6 months on those police checks so they'll 'run out' next month .. [although to be honest they're only relevant on the day you request them !]

But I've promised myself not to panic 'til end of November

Come on London ... get a move on for us oldies. We'll still be here for the Olympics at this rate !
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Wohooo. Document request arrived this morning. Any one else got the letter?
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

ahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant future

wow congrats mate, what a great news after all that, u reside in london?? even all these strikes, you still have got letter, congrats, i'm keeping my fingers crossed !!!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Yea! Well done Bodgerx. New batch going out perhaps - let's hope Coffeepot gets one too.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Madhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to all

Fantastic news! Congrats and thanks for the swift update. Hopefully ours is in the post and winging its way out here in WA. (AOR 14 Aug 2007). Just going out to lie in wait for the postie.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yep, I'm a London applicant.

Thanks people. Just got to get the documentation spot on now. This is my only chance, as my job isn't on the new list. No pressure, eh?

I actually sent a question to CHC London about the August 2007 applicants being delayed last Thursday. I didn't expect a response, but obviously today I received the letter. Hmmm, coincidence?
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Madhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to all

I actually sent a question to CHC London about the August 2007 applicants being delayed last Thursday. I didn't expect a response, but obviously today I received the letter. Hmmm, coincidence?
Spooky. How did you contact them. Was it by email?
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 2:47 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

WoooooHooooo!!!!!!

Update letter here today too!

I was so excited I cried! Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Ah, well done you!!!

Here's hoping the rest of us only have a couple more moths to wait now!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Falcore
WoooooHooooo!!!!!!

Update letter here today too!

I was so excited I cried! Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Congratulations!!!! Looks like things are finally moving again
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 3:20 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

In my excitement I forgot to say Yay for you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.