OH NO! HELP!!!

Old Sep 26th 2008, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

tonyrleach is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OH NO! HELP!!!

Bookked flights and hotel for 25th October for a week. Told I would have a driving assessment with Calgary Transit. Telephoned them today to confirm, now they said I need to get an Open Work Permit, not TWP.
OH MY GOD!! what now??

They said if my driving assessment was ok they would write me an offer there and then. I was planning to take paperwork with me and apply for TWP there.
Now they saying I need a Open Work Permit before they will even gove me an assessment now.

Any advice please
Old Sep 26th 2008, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future
Default Re: OH NO! HELP!!!

Originally Posted by tonyrleach
Bookked flights and hotel for 25th October for a week. Told I would have a driving assessment with Calgary Transit. Telephoned them today to confirm, now they said I need to get an Open Work Permit, not TWP.
OH MY GOD!! what now??

They said if my driving assessment was ok they would write me an offer there and then. I was planning to take paperwork with me and apply for TWP there.
Now they saying I need a Open Work Permit before they will even gove me an assessment now.

Any advice please
My understanding of the system, and someone may want to correct this, but as an individual you can't apply for an Open Work Permit on a temporary basis. Open work permits are granted to the spouses of someone who has a TWP which links them to an employer.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Monkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kiton6
My understanding of the system, and someone may want to correct this, but as an individual you can't apply for an Open Work Permit on a temporary basis. Open work permits are granted to the spouses of someone who has a TWP which links them to an employer.
I understand that this is correct. The only "open work permit" is the 12 month one offered by BUNAC. This is only valid if you are 30 or under with no dependents ie it's really aimed at people on a gap year type trip.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

tonyrleach is an unknown quantity at this point

Wished I was under 30 lol