Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

NS PNP Timeline, current time scales

NS PNP Timeline, current time scales

Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice
Default Re: NS PNP Timeline, current time scales

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Are you not able to send it via UPS? Took 2 days from uk to Halifax for us , costs about £35, but at least you can track it all the way and its a lot quicker

:
Guess we could, never actually thought about that
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

I sent application for crim rehab by purolator from the wilderness ( I kid you not) to CIC and it was trackable and took only 4 days I was stunned. Cost was about $40 and the pile of stuff was huge and very very heavy

nikki re bank draft
we wanted to check ours had been cashed and the bank wanted £30 just for confirming this :curse: rip off britian at its finest

( this was for the crim rehab which despite hair falling out, months and months of incredible stress, a trip back to uk for errant husband and great expense, plus of course he was origiginally booked on a zoom flight and to top it all CIC confirmed he did not need rehab afterall and canada does recognise UK spent convictions) if only this was made crystal clear on the website oh well its all done and dusted now.

just contemplating when to get new police checks now

pics forms fees etc all sitting at my parents addy in UK ready for the go ahead to post off
got to get timing right so they are under 3 months old when submitted but desperate to have everything in my sweaty palm if and when the good news comes from halifax
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:32 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chumley
I sent application for crim rehab by purolator from the wilderness ( I kid you not) to CIC and it was trackable and took only 4 days I was stunned. Cost was about $40 and the pile of stuff was huge and very very heavy

nikki re bank draft
we wanted to check ours had been cashed and the bank wanted £30 just for confirming this :curse: rip off britian at its finest

( this was for the crim rehab which despite hair falling out, months and months of incredible stress, a trip back to uk for errant husband and great expense, plus of course he was origiginally booked on a zoom flight and to top it all CIC confirmed he did not need rehab afterall and canada does recognise UK spent convictions) if only this was made crystal clear on the website oh well its all done and dusted now.

just contemplating when to get new police checks now

pics forms fees etc all sitting at my parents addy in UK ready for the go ahead to post off
got to get timing right so they are under 3 months old when submitted but desperate to have everything in my sweaty palm if and when the good news comes from halifax
doesn't surprise me though, I'll give them a ring and see, but won't be paying that for the moment.

If it helps, our UK police checks took just over 2 weeks to come back and this is the £10 SAR option as we understand these are ok until 31st Dec 08.

Good luck hopefully only a few more weeks before you hear something
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

It took us about 2 weeks to get our Uk checks from ACPO

We also had to go to commisionaires in Halifax to do digital prints for our Canadian police checks. They then send them digitally to Ottawa and it took about 2 weeks for them to come back also. I think you can still do the old ink prints but they then have to be posted to Ottawa and then posted back so we opted for digital.

Did Purolator come to you in the wilderness or did you drop the package off some where Chumley?
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:40 pm

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

doesn't surprise me though, I'll give them a ring and see, but won't be paying that for the moment.

If it helps, our UK police checks took just over 2 weeks to come back and this is the £10 SAR option as we understand these are ok until 31st Dec 08.

Good luck hopefully only a few more weeks before you hear something
Just called the bank, draft not cashed yet:curse: Oh well, I suppose its only been a couple of weeks or so, hopefully it will sort itself out in due course
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:43 pm

Just called the bank, draft not cashed yet:curse: Oh well, I suppose its only been a couple of weeks or so, hopefully it will sort itself out in due course
just found this thread, seems it could be a little while longer yet,

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+bankers+draft
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bummer

But as long as that is part of the process and the 6 months does not start from when they cash it then who really cares?

I am supprised however considering the amount of people wanting to come here that they would not cash it sooner as all those thousands of dollars would add up to some nice interest for the government even if it's only a couple of weeks interest on all those thousands of applicants
Old Nov 7th 2008, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

dean most interested in what you did for canadian police checks

now we have got paper prints and husband has had a paper police check here as we thought it might be needed for rehab application ( it wasnt)
checks were free in canada due to voluntary work and husband is a volunteer firefighter

husband has lived in canada before for over 6 months and now I have lived in canada over 6 months aswell

I wasnt going to include canadian police checks as I thought they simply did a name check at CIC and if anything came up they then ask for prints etc and do a full check?

were you asked to get full digital style canadian checks at the outset?

I thought the website says dont do anything re canadain checks but certainly might have got my knickers notted on this one

we are a squillion miles from Halifax and I understand halifax is the only place you can get the digital jobbys? wonder if anything can be done by post?

as for purolator we just took the package to our local canada post office and it was ssnet from there.

we got acpo checks in august and they came back within 24 hours ( sent to uk addy)we paid for the qucik service

this time we just want to pay the £35 though and get them sent direct to canada
we have got to get checks from cyprus and gibraltar aswell though and thse take a bit of time

got all checks as recently as August but of course they are now going to be out of the 3 month timescale

might take a risk and aim to get them all again dated end of november and hope we hear from halifax by mid feb that would be over 4 months from date of AOR so fingers crossed they are still taking under 3 months to process
Old Nov 7th 2008, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by chumley
dean most interested in what you did for canadian police checks

now we have got paper prints and husband has had a paper police check here as we thought it might be needed for rehab application ( it wasnt)
checks were free in canada due to voluntary work and husband is a volunteer firefighter

husband has lived in canada before for over 6 months and now I have lived in canada over 6 months aswell

I wasnt going to include canadian police checks as I thought they simply did a name check at CIC and if anything came up they then ask for prints etc and do a full check?

were you asked to get full digital style canadian checks at the outset?

I thought the website says dont do anything re canadain checks but certainly might have got my knickers notted on this one
Hi

Here is a link to an earlier post where I think we were trying to fathom out what happens re police checks!!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=police+checks

Last edited by nikki dreaming; Nov 7th 2008 at 1:27 pm. Reason: changed to make more sense!
Old Nov 7th 2008, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

many thanks nikki yes thats how I understood it re canadian checks so wondering if dean was asked to get them with his PNP instructions?

Im all for getting stuff sorted as far in advance as poss and having to make a trip to halifax would be a real mare though

shall have to look into anyway of getting them done via the post
will be back with my findings as it may help others
Old Nov 7th 2008, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

I also had some paper checks done in the local police station because i was coaching the kids soccer or helping at least. These wont be acceptable on the federal side of things me thinks. It does say you have to do police checks for all countries lived in for more than 6 months i believe.

We submitted a federal application 2 years ago using an agent which has just come up for processing also and the agent did say because i lived in Montreal for a couple of years that i needed a police check which at that time i did the old way from the UK as i was back in the UK when we submitted the applkication.

This time however we decided that rather than go to a police station that does finger printing because they dont all do it we would just do the 2 hour drive into halifax and get them done. It was easier to do that than mess around plus it was quicker for us. We did them in advance so that once we got the nod from the province we were ready to go.

commisionaires has an office in truro but gues what, they dont do that service which would of cut our jouney time in half but not to worry.

I fully expect that if we get our extension to stay that the feds will ask for updated police checks for the canadian at least.

Didnt have to do it for the PNP as just read Nikki's post

Last edited by deanjp32; Nov 7th 2008 at 1:32 pm. Reason: last line inserted
Old Nov 7th 2008, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

many thanks dean we shall have to think on this one

do you know if you get the full checks that are needed for the feds by sending of prints via the post to somehwere?

like you, I want to get absolutley everything they could possibly ask for in advance but would prefer not to have to make the journey to halifax if possible

I was convinced that a simple name check undertaken by CIC in london and done from their own database is sufficient so long as it does not raise any issues

even if you have lived in canada over 6 months

think I will do a seperate post to get more pointers
although few are doing it "our way" there must be loads of folk on TWP's who have been here over the 6 months and yet I havent seen anyone asking about canadian full checks eg anythinhg more than sending prints off to CIC?

so glad you raised this as its something I had taken for granted that I would not have to pursue
Old Nov 7th 2008, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

you can go to a police station that will do prints and then send them off to ottawa as this is where you will need to send them. I assume the checks you did for volunteer work did not include finger prints?

These finger prints are nesscessary because if you had commited an offense here i assume they would of taken prints which would be on a database and could be matched to yours when a police check is done.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/crimrec/finger2_e.htm

Above is a link for you to have a look at. Notice the time frames for regular print submission. another reason to make that trip to HRM

http://www.commissionaires.ns.ca/index.html

Thats the link for commissionaires. the 1 in halifax is in the maritime centre or is it center??

Hope this helps

Last edited by deanjp32; Nov 7th 2008 at 4:25 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

much appreciated many thanks
yes we have got prints but only paper ones so will have to consider the trip to halifax

although depends on speed of things but might also send the prints off to ottawa for lenghty check as have heard it can take less than the 120 days
might just save us a long journey as not so easy with dogs and bad weather

we didnt actually need any checks for volunteer work but when we got chatting to them they said as we were volunteers they wouldnt charge

just got the checks in case they were needed for husbands rehab application as an extra precaution

good luck all
Old Nov 7th 2008, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

dean just one more question

what did you put for reason on your request, it asks for CIC file number etc which of course we dont have as applications for you and me are not yet at CIC?
many thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.