Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

November 18th 2004, one of the best days of my life!!!

November 18th 2004, one of the best days of my life!!!

Old Nov 24th 2004, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

tsananez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: November 18th 2004, one of the best days of my life!!!

Originally Posted by Aspirant2000
Congratulations Tsananez.

How does one get in touch with the Public Rights Office? What prompted you to call them? Was yours an application thru Buffalo?

I was told that the reps who answer the 800 numbers available within Canada do not have access to the files in Buffalo.

-Aspirant2000
I got a Caips from the Public Rights Office. The Caips had a cover letter with a contact and telephone number and I call them for two days until I got a hold of a person at the office. It was a 416 number, not an 800...
Old Nov 24th 2004, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

hunterh is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you try to understand your CAIPS notes? Did you have the final decision made on your notes?

I called public rights office (an Ottawa local number) and the officer gave me the 1800 number to check my status...

Originally Posted by tsananez
I got a Caips from the Public Rights Office. The Caips had a cover letter with a contact and telephone number and I call them for two days until I got a hold of a person at the office. It was a 416 number, not an 800...
Old Nov 24th 2004, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

tsananez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hunterh
Did you try to understand your CAIPS notes? Did you have the final decision made on your notes?

I called public rights office (an Ottawa local number) and the officer gave me the 1800 number to check my status...
Yes, I tried to understand my caips. I did not show any indication of final decision made. Actually there was a mistake with my mailing address and that is what prompted me to call the contact number...btw, you are right the number was in Ottawa it was not a 416...sorry about that mistake but I do not have the paper and I totally forgot that it was in Ottawa.