Cover letter?? is it needed?

Old Nov 24th 2004, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

thermophile is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cover letter?? is it needed?

All right the whole application is on it's way to my husband. He should get it in the next few days, sign all his sponsorship forms, then send it straight in. I keep seeing mention of cover letters. Should we be sending in a cover letter with our application? If so what should we put in it?

Ours is a relativally simple family class application. The only thing I worry about (cause you know I have to find something to worry about) is that we don't have a lot of proof of relationship because it's so easy for us to visit each other. I usually just drive across the border and have only had my passport stamped once. I did included 9 pictures of us together and 2 months of phone bills.

Anyway, back to the point...what is the purpose of a cover letter

thanks
Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

Raska will become famous soon enoughRaska will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cover letter?? is it needed?

Cover letter is not a COVER! It’s just a letter, detailing all the attachments being sent in one package. Besides that, you can add more explanations on different documents you are sending, if you think they need to be explained. And this a very good idea, since you can save time on answering the future questions you may receive on different documents that you have sent and are not clear to the immigration office. Try to be very clear about everything and even if there is 1% possibilitythat you feel something may be confusing or not clear, just explain it in this letter.

Raska
Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice

Originally Posted by thermophile
All right the whole application is on it's way to my husband. He should get it in the next few days, sign all his sponsorship forms, then send it straight in. I keep seeing mention of cover letters. Should we be sending in a cover letter with our application? If so what should we put in it?

Ours is a relativally simple family class application. The only thing I worry about (cause you know I have to find something to worry about) is that we don't have a lot of proof of relationship because it's so easy for us to visit each other. I usually just drive across the border and have only had my passport stamped once. I did included 9 pictures of us together and 2 months of phone bills.

Anyway, back to the point...what is the purpose of a cover letter

thanks

For the skilled worker applicants, a cover letter can used to market themselves.

Remember that the visa office receives thousands of applications and there may be an annual quota for each visa office. For these applicants they can use the cover letter to highlight their strong points and explain why they will have no problem at all adapting to life in Canada.

Of course it is not mandatory to have a cover letter. In your case, you can use it, if you wish, to clarify further any points that you could not in the formated application forms.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

thermophile is an unknown quantity at this point

Humm, thanks. guess I'll write one if I get a chance this weekend.

thanks again