Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

November 18th 2004, one of the best days of my life!!!

November 18th 2004, one of the best days of my life!!!

Old Nov 23rd 2004, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

tsananez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default November 18th 2004, one of the best days of my life!!!

Hello all,
Yes, I GOT IT!!!…it is very nice to say this words…

The story began on Friday 12 when I called the Public Rights Office to ask some questions about the Caips document they had sent to me. The person I talked with was very nice. She check the information on-line and told me that on November 5th the Buffalo consulate had sent a letter with the passport request .

At that time I could not believe what I was hearing because based on my calculation I should have been receiving that letter in February 2005. One week later I received the very famous enveloped and on that day my mood changed 180º. On November 18th I went to Buffalo to pick up the visa. The experience was very similar to the experience posted by other members of this forum. By 2pm I had the visa with me. I went to the US-Canada border and proceeded to do the landing. The immigration officer was very friendly (it is impressive that everybody treats you very nice once you have the very famous document). At 5 pm was back in Toronto. The next day I got my SIN (It only took 10 minutes). I then went to Montreal to celebrate my new status . On Monday I got the OHIP, and today I am already working back at my previous work…

I am so happy and so lucky that it is hard to believe (having a job 6 days after landing it’s just incredible)…

My timeline is as follow:
Send application: 17/03/2003
AOR: 18/06/2003
IA: 23/03/2004
Medicals and other documents: 30/04/2004
RCMP reached Buffalo: 01/10/2004
PR letter: 05/11/2004
Got PR letter: 17/11/2004
Visa Issued: 18/11/2004
Landed in Canada: 18/11/2004

SIN: 19/11/2004
OHIP: 22/11/2004
Back to work: 23/11/2004

Best luck to everyone out there…I know that at times it seems that the day will never come, but eventually it comes and you will be very happy…In the mean time the best thing to do is to keep your lives busy so that time pass faster…That is my only advise!!!…

Finally, JIM, ANDREW and PMM, thank you very much for all the help you guys provided me…I really, really appreciate it. I will tell you guys that even though I had my representative I could rely more on you than on my representative. For this reason I will recommend your services (JIM , ANDREW) to my friends that are beginning the process …

Best luck to all of you!!!
T.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 3:42 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: November 18th 2004, one of the best days of my life!!!

A nice ending to a longish story! Congratulations!

Originally Posted by tsananez
Hello all,

The story began on Friday 12 when I called the Public Rights Office to ask some questions about the Caips document they had sent to me. The person I talked with was very nice. She check the information on-line and told me that on November 5th the Buffalo consulate had sent a letter with the passport request .

At that time I could not believe what I was hearing because based on my calculation I should have been receiving that letter in February 2005. One week later I received the very famous enveloped and on that day my mood changed 180º. On November 18th I went to Buffalo to pick up the visa. The experience was very similar to the experience posted by other members of this forum. By 2pm I had the visa with me. I went to the US-Canada border and proceeded to do the landing. The immigration officer was very friendly (it is impressive that everybody treats you very nice once you have the very famous document). At 5 pm was back in Toronto. The next day I got my SIN (It only took 10 minutes). I then went to Montreal to celebrate my new status . On Monday I got the OHIP, and today I am already working back at my previous work…

I am so happy and so lucky that it is hard to believe (having a job 6 days after landing it’s just incredible)…

Best luck to everyone out there…I know that at times it seems that the day will never come, but eventually it comes and you will be very happy…In the mean time the best thing to do is to keep your lives busy so that time pass faster…That is my only advise!!!…

Finally, JIM, ANDREW and PMM, thank you very much for all the help you guys provided me…I really, really appreciate it. I will tell you guys that even though I had my representative I could rely more on you than on my representative. For this reason I will recommend your services (JIM , ANDREW) to my friends that are beginning the process …

T.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 3:59 pm
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough

Congratulations!! I don't think I've ever seen a faster landing after receiving the visa You don't waste any time!
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 4:19 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Quite slow first stages but impressive finish. Congratulations!!!

Hello all,

T.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

scot is an unknown quantity at this point

Many congratulations and welcome to Canada
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 4:28 pm
The ECA Godfather

What does your eclient say now?
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MJ23
What does your eclient say now?
Jeje the last time I checked the e-client was on November 15 at that time it said the following:

"We started processing your application on June 18, 2003.

Medical results have been received. "

Today it says the following:

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Medical results have been received.

You entered Canada at the office on November 18, 2004 and became a Permanent Resident. "

This is impressive considering what a bad reputation the e-client has!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 4:43 pm
The ECA Godfather

Jeje the last time I checked the e-client was on November 15 at that time it said the following:

Medical results have been received. "

Today it says the following:

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Medical results have been received.

You entered Canada at the office on November 18, 2004 and became a Permanent Resident. "

This is impressive considering what a bad reputation the e-client has!!!
I've noticed that eclient has been more up to date lately especially with reporting medical results. I think the system improved!
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 5:04 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Well there was a lot of room to improve. Eclient is best with inland information which seems to go almost directly in as it happens.

Originally Posted by MJ23
I've noticed that eclient has been more up to date lately especially with reporting medical results. I think the system improved!
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

cryout is on a distinguished road

well, well, well....I am very happy to hear your great experience man! I had the chance to know you through email and I think you really deserve all the best!

Cry
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

nervous_wreck is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on a job well done!!
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Aspirant2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Tsananez.

How does one get in touch with the Public Rights Office? What prompted you to call them? Was yours an application thru Buffalo?

I was told that the reps who answer the 800 numbers available within Canada do not have access to the files in Buffalo.

-Aspirant2000

Originally Posted by nervous_wreck
Congratulations on a job well done!!
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 9:12 pm
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

Congratulations

Hello all,

T.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

hunterh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
When did you receive your CAIPS note? Was that before or after Nov. 5?

Hello all,

T.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hunterh
Hi,
When did you receive your CAIPS note? Was that before or after Nov. 5?

I got it on November 15th, but the caips was printed on October26th...or so the lady told me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.