Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia Community Identified Stream is no more after May 31 2013

Nova Scotia Community Identified Stream is no more after May 31 2013

Old Oct 22nd 2013, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Vwera is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nova Scotia Community Identified Stream is no more after May 31 2013

Originally Posted by confused_uk
Thanks guys you hear back soon.

Kayb - I got my acknowledgement email at the beginning of June, more information required email 23rd Sept & nomination email yesterday.

Vwera - They didn't ask me to update a form which I was quite surprised about, they just said to make sure I send the latest forms in the federal pack. Probably a silly question (& one I should know the answer to) but where do you get the police certificates from?
Here's the link you need http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...pplication.asp
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Nova Scotia Community Identified Stream is no more after May 31 2013

Thanks guys you hear back soon.

Kayb - I got my acknowledgement email at the beginning of June, more information required email 23rd Sept & nomination email yesterday.

Vwera - They didn't ask me to update a form which I was quite surprised about, they just said to make sure I send the latest forms in the federal pack. Probably a silly question (& one I should know the answer to) but where do you get the police certificates from?
Here's link on how to obtain police certificates http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cert/index.asp
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

confused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Vwera
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Vwera
Always!
Old Oct 28th 2013, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Kayb is an unknown quantity at this point

Confused uk hope u have finally submit ur cic pack, wish u all d best. we patiently await decision on our application and we pray for success. cheers
Old Nov 11th 2013, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Too quiet in here for sometime is it because Vwera and Confused Uk got nominated. We stop hearing from you guys...lol
Old Nov 11th 2013, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

confused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Kayb. Have you heard anything yet? Someone on another thread said they called up to see how their application was going & was told the 600 quota has been filled for this year so you might be waiting a bit longer
Old Nov 11th 2013, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Funny how I too was thinking everyone's gone quiet. Let's keep hope alive people! Kayb, any luck? Have you heard from them? Good luck! for you!
Old Nov 13th 2013, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Confused Uk and Vwera thanks for checking up on me, i have not heard from them, we planned calling our case officer is just the time difference that is the problem. NSNP office hours will be midnight so we call them before week runs out and see if it is true they exhaust their quota for the year, i pray not but let see what happens. I wish you wonderful ladies all the best and hope to see you in NS.
Cheers
Kayb
Old Nov 13th 2013, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Jaydog is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an update from us....

Everything submitted yesterday, so now the wait.

The quota for 2013 has been filled but they have applied for an extra 200 and are just waiting to see if it's possible
Old Nov 13th 2013, 7:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kayb
Too quiet in here for sometime is it because Vwera and Confused Uk got nominated. We stop hearing from you guys...lol
Please don't bump the thread up just to get it back to the top of the page (site rule 13). If you have a specific question to ask, that's fine, but it's not really the done thing to just 'bump' it for no reason.

Thx.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

VVega is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kayb
Thanks Vvega we hope for d best
what is ur friends timeline?
Hi Kayb,

Sorry for the late reply. I seldom use the email account associated with B.E. and I just noticed your question about my friend's timeline.

I believe they submitted their application in person in early Sept 2013, and they received an AOR about 2 days later via email with a reference number.

They were then contacted by an agent from the NSOI regarding their current status. I believe that when they applied their study permits were being renewed and were therefore not included with their application. Apparently, they just have to submit them when they arrive (if they haven't already.) They haven't heard anything else - to my knowledge.

By the way, I was just as suprised to learn that students were eligible for the CIS - and so were my friends. The rules clearly state that international students (principal applicant or their spouse) are not eligible. But I'm just repeating what they were told by an officer at the NSOI - they explained their status as students and were still encouraged to apply.

One last thing... for those of you with relatives in NS, were they (your relatives) contacted by NSOI to confirm the relationship and to confirm that they actually lived in NS? Thanks

Last edited by VVega; Nov 21st 2013 at 1:38 am. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 21st 2013, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by VVega
One last thing... for those of you with relatives in NS, were they (your relatives) contacted by NSOI to confirm the relationship and to confirm that they actually lived in NS? Thanks
I believe that they will check via CIS. In our case my Mum has COPR and they have checked this on their system to ensure it all ties up! HTH
Old Nov 21st 2013, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

VVega is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot Jaydog.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by VVega
Thanks a lot Jaydog.
You're welcome.

We've had an update today, we have been told that it is highly unlikely they will get the extra 200 certificates and will only be allocated 25 for emergencies only.

For us, I am under the impression that it will be on hold until January 2014.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.