Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Nomination received whilst in canada on a tourist visa?

Nomination received whilst in canada on a tourist visa?

Old Sep 7th 2014, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

stuartgrahamjames is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nomination received whilst in canada on a tourist visa?

So im currently waiting for BC PNP nomination of which has been a tiring 4 months wait so far. Im told it could be 1-2 months more before i find out. Im considering moving to vancouver in the next week just as a visitor and wait for my nomination.

Im wondering how easy it would be for me once receiving the nomination to drive into america for the day and return to canada with my nomination letter and get my work permit ?

Secondly how common is it for Nominations to be declined. The job i have been offered is a helicopter maintenance engineer position. Skilled worker

has anyone done this or do people see this as a bad move?

PLease help
Old Sep 8th 2014, 1:37 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nomination received whilst in canada on a tourist visa?

Originally Posted by stuartgrahamjames
So im currently waiting for BC PNP nomination of which has been a tiring 4 months wait so far. Im told it could be 1-2 months more before i find out. Im considering moving to vancouver in the next week just as a visitor and wait for my nomination.

Im wondering how easy it would be for me once receiving the nomination to drive into america for the day and return to canada with my nomination letter and get my work permit ?

Secondly how common is it for Nominations to be declined. The job i have been offered is a helicopter maintenance engineer position. Skilled worker

has anyone done this or do people see this as a bad move?

PLease help
Evening! I would be careful with moving over before you have the confirmed nomination in hand. These things have a habit of taking much longer than you think or not working out the way you planned and I would hate for you to move over and then not have things work out.

If you did make the move then yes, you can just head to the border once you receive your nomination and letter of support for a work permit.

Good luck!
Old Sep 8th 2014, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

stuartgrahamjames is an unknown quantity at this point

Wise words thanks for the reply, the situation has just become so frustrating since finding out that the processing times have been extended.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 6:45 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuartgrahamjames
Wise words thanks for the reply, the situation has just become so frustrating since finding out that the processing times have been extended.
Yes, it makes it very difficult to organise things when you are never sure of the timeline you are working towards!
Old Sep 8th 2014, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond repute

It's best to wait until you have your nomination letter in hand before you move anywhere. Like AmyDavid said, Canadian government immigration agencies can be really unreliable.

As for getting nominated or rejected, I wouldn't worry too much. As long as you sent in everything they asked for and you're not inadmissible to Canada for any reason (like criminality), then you're as good as approved.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by bc_guy
It's best to wait until you have your nomination letter in hand before you move anywhere. Like AmyDavid said, Canadian government immigration agencies can be really unreliable.

As for getting nominated or rejected, I wouldn't worry too much. As long as you sent in everything they asked for and you're not inadmissible to Canada for any reason (like criminality), then you're as good as approved.
I don't think you can say you are as good as approved. If BC PNP are not happy with the company that are looking to sponsor the OP through the process, then this can be a reason for a refusal. There could be 101 reasons why there is a refusal.

Which is why you really shouldn't plan on moving over until you have the nomination paperwork in your hand!