NOC code - confused

Old Mar 31st 2018, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

scot2can is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NOC code - confused

Hi there
I'm just a newbie and my partner and I are planning our application to Canada under the Express entry Federal skilled workers programme. I have seen a few posts about the skilled work experience being only with one occupation and some mentioning adding up different occupations so now I am very confused...

I worked Part time in banking as a Customer Representative whilst I was at University for 3 years (actual employment shows 4 years but 1 year was spent on Erasmus at University so took a career break from the bank at this point).

I then graduated in 2015 and started a role in an Energy company on their Graduate scheme and spent 18months in various roles - mainly Analyst roles.

In May 2017 I started a role which was as a Compliance Analyst and have been doing that ever since - the actual job title is different because I was supposed to do a different role in the team but due to shortages and my previous experience did the Compliance Analyst role. However from reading, it's the tasks not the job title that matters, is that right?

Now however, I've been in the role for almost 11 months and I am being re-graded to a Senior Compliance Analyst role, but all that's changing is the job title and salary/benefits. The job tasks and objectives will remain the exact same although my job history in work will show different job titles. Is this going to matter? Can i say that when we apply I have over 1 year in my Compliance Analyst role? (Planning on applying in Summer)

If anyone can help or point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. We are at the stage of booking tests and plan on submitting our EE application into the pool in summer.

Many thanks

Last edited by scot2can; Mar 31st 2018 at 12:43 pm. Reason: Pressed submit my accident
Old Apr 1st 2018, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

donnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOC code - confused

Hi Scot2can

First thing I would suggest is look into if the employment you currently do is the same here.
Then look into your qualification equivlalency requirements.

I sent Hubby's paperwork through ICAS...it took 29 weeks for them to send the reply!
other companies may be quicker (or not!)

I found that one job can have a number of different tittles....
the NOC list can be abit vague (i think!)...

If you have a professional designation...Canada seems to LOVE that too!
but you need to find the body here that regulates it!

Check the EE rules weekly if you can, I find the CIC changes something, without notice, sometimes well hidden, regularly!

Police checks came back in about 10 days for us...
Check your passport has as much life as possible...

Have a look at
Indeed.ca
Monster.ca
Workopolis.ca

And the local 'free ad's' here is Kijiji.ca

Have an idea of which province you would like to live in...
My hubby had been to Canada before (east & west) and LOVED it...but we got it down to BC or Alberta for the number of job opportunities..(at that time)

I would say DONT book anything yet...you need to pin-down your NOC number...if it is a regulated job or non-regulated (check each province!)

Good luck.
Old Apr 7th 2018, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOC code - confused

NOC codes are selected based on duties and responsibilities not the job title. So it is worth spending some time looking for a NOC code that fits what you actually do/have done.