Letter from Employer

Old Mar 31st 2018, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

RealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond repute
Default Letter from Employer

My employer is about to start my letter for proof of employment. I am classed as a manager, officially 'Manager on Duty' however this is not listed under the NOC description, does it matter? Or does it HAVE to be one of the positions listed, ie, 'restaurant manager' 'beverage manager' 'bar manager' etc? Also, regarding salary, I was paid hourly and am including my T4. Should my employer say that my salary was the exact figure on my T4, which because it is after tax looks very low, or can we get away with just multiplying my hourly wage with how many hours I worked in a year?
Old Mar 31st 2018, 7:52 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Letter from Employer

Originally Posted by RealVileLev
My employer is about to start my letter for proof of employment. I am classed as a manager, officially 'Manager on Duty' however this is not listed under the NOC description, does it matter? Or does it HAVE to be one of the positions listed, ie, 'restaurant manager' 'beverage manager' 'bar manager' etc? Also, regarding salary, I was paid hourly and am including my T4. Should my employer say that my salary was the exact figure on my T4, which because it is after tax looks very low, or can we get away with just multiplying my hourly wage with how many hours I worked in a year?
You salary is before tax. The T4 shows gross salary, before deductions and then the deductions. Why would your employer was to say your income is higher than reported on the T4?
Old Mar 31st 2018, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

RealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond repute

They wouldn't, I wanted to know if the T4 total was before or after tax.

How about the job title? Does it have to be one off the official list?
Old Apr 1st 2018, 10:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

How about the job title? Does it have to be one off the official list?
No, the only thing that matters is that you do the 'main duties' listed under the NOC code, and can prove it. You also need to meet the criteria set out in the opening paragraph.

Re: salary, your manager simply tells the truth, you can't 'get away' with anything.

HTH.
Old Apr 1st 2018, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Ok so she can put the exact figure shown on my T4
Old Apr 1st 2018, 10:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so she can put the exact figure shown on my T4
Yes, absolutely, if that's what you were paid.

Good luck.
Old Apr 7th 2018, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming hospitability industry or similar the manager could also state the tip policy. i.e. they paid you xx but you were also entitled to keep tips. However, be careful doing this if you have not declared those tips as income on tax return.