Next step

Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Rixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Next step

Hi everyone,

Looked at CAS the other day and it said "descision made", called up CIC and they said I was now considered by Vegreville as a PR. I should get a letter they said and I will have to verify my origianl documents with local CIC.

What do they mean by original documents? My passport?
Is there anything else that can go wrong or is that it all done now?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:19 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next step

When you get the letter from your local CIC they will indicate which documents you should bring. Normally for spouses it is your passport.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Rixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond repute

Jim,

Does this mean I'm in now?
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:28 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rixy
Jim,

Does this mean I'm in now?
Sounds like it to me - go crack that bubbly
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:52 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - this is the usual course. Your problem is you have tried too hard to get information on your application and got only equivocal answers like "Decision made" which confounds everyone since there is no indication of the nature of the "decision". Unless there is an obvious problem the best course for spousal applicants is to be patient.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Ok cool
When I called them about the descision they said all my papers were in order and said I'm now a PR but wasnt sure what the local CIC was for
Old Sep 26th 2008, 6:26 pm

You are not a PR until you go to the local CIC for the "landing" procedure.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Jim,

What does that consist of?
Old Sep 26th 2008, 6:57 pm

They look at your passport to see it is still valid and yours. They ask you some formal questions about criminal convictions and then you sign and they sign and give you copies and it done. Less that 15 minutes is quite normal for the whole thing.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for info Jim.