FAO:MR Miller

Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:17 am
Just Joined

keylog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FAO:MR Miller

Hello, I am requiring your services. I've just moved over to BC on a working holiday visa (BUNAC) . I have an opportunity to work for my UK company , telecommuting as my work is graphic design and it can all be done via the internet. My concern is with the legality of working for my UK employer whilst over here on a working holiday visa.

am i able to do this? As I have found out from your other posts It isn't breaking any Laws as i don't require a work permit to work for UK (i'm not interfering with the Canadian labor market)

My second question is: If i do work for my UK company I will be working on a freelance basis i.e they will contract work out to me. When it comes to tax will i have to state i'm self employed ...and if so will this have any affect on my working visa..

Sorry i realize this is all a bit confusing but wanted to test the water with you before i contacted your company for a phone consultation.

Would you be able to help me ?

thank you kindly in advance
Old Sep 27th 2008, 3:36 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FAO:MR Miller

A pure telecommuting to job abroad that is not considered work in Canada will not affect your BUNAC status in Canada.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

keylog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FAO:MR Miller

very grateful , thank you.