New baby

Old Nov 21st 2008, 11:51 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New baby

Originally Posted by 2009move
How long does it take if one parent goes to Canada to start the sponsoring of the baby?
I've heard 12 months ish
Old Nov 21st 2008, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

When you become permanent resident, its not easy/straight forward to just pack your bags and go live in Canada without a job.
Lots of people do - if you are determined to make Canada your home you have to take a risk if you can't get a job before you move. You'll have to try and sort something once you're 'on the ground'.

In other not to loose the status we intend for me to go to canada with the kids while my husband still works aboard , this wont be easy but we have no choice. For the past 3 years he has being looking for a job without a break thru.
If he doesn't move then he will lose his PR status. You both have to meet the 730 days out of 5 years rule. Either you make Canada your home, or you don't - no more messing about.

Last edited by adele; Nov 21st 2008 at 1:34 pm.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 3:36 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
I've heard 12 months ish
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...des/3900E2.asp