New application

Old Nov 1st 2004, 10:15 am
Just Joined

fomar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New application

I am planning to apply for immigration to Canada and I have some questions about completeting my applications. I will be gratefull, if someone could answer me.

in form "Application for Permanent Residence –Skilled Worker– Visa Office Specific Instructions" and in the work experience sesction there are some documents that are mentioned such as contract and employer reference letter. So my question is should I provide these 2 documents or the employer reference letter is just enough to prove my experience. Please note that I do not have the contract from my past employer as I was employed there about 3 years ago.

My second question is the transcripts of my eduaction. should I provide them in a university-sealed envelop? Can't I just provide them without that envelop, anyway they are originals. It will be difficult for me to ask my university in the USA to send me new transcripts in a sealed envelop.

Thank you for your time

Last edited by fomar; Nov 1st 2004 at 10:21 am.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 4:42 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all
Default Re: New application

Originally Posted by fomar
I am planning to apply for immigration to Canada and I have some questions about completeting my applications. I will be gratefull, if someone could answer me.

in form "Application for Permanent Residence –Skilled Worker– Visa Office Specific Instructions" and in the work experience sesction there are some documents that are mentioned such as contract and employer reference letter. So my question is should I provide these 2 documents or the employer reference letter is just enough to prove my experience. Please note that I do not have the contract from my past employer as I was employed there about 3 years ago.

My second question is the transcripts of my eduaction. should I provide them in a university-sealed envelop? Can't I just provide them without that envelop, anyway they are originals. It will be difficult for me to ask my university in the USA to send me new transcripts in a sealed envelop.

Thank you for your time
Dear fomar

In general the rule is to follow the instructions on the CIC checklist to the letter and when in dought add more info. Only if it is impossible (not inconvenient) should you replace a missing document wit an explaination why it is impossible to obtain. That means: both the contract and the reference are required. As for the transcripts I sent my originals in myself and Berlin told me that would be OK, but that is no guarantee and it may be different for different embassies

good luck and lots of patience