Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Jim, Andrew is me again after two months waiting under Visitor Visa!!

Jim, Andrew is me again after two months waiting under Visitor Visa!!

Old Nov 1st 2004, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

tsananez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jim, Andrew is me again after two months waiting under Visitor Visa!!

Hello,

It has been two months since I posted my last question so her I go again. You might not remember my case. I was under a one-year working permit (graduated working permit), it expired at the end of august and now I am waiting under visitor visa.

My residency processing time is very similar to Talu76 timeline. He already got his PR and comparing his Caips notes and mine we concluded that the last step for Venezuelan cases is the Venezuelan criminal record (VCR). In his case it took two months from the day VCR was requested to the day he got the PR letter. We believe mine will be ready in December, so the questions for you are
1.- Does Buffalo office work at regular speed during December, or is there any indication that processing speed decreases during that month?
2.- In a different thread I read that some Visa offices could run out of Visa material. Has this ever happened at Buffalo Office??

The company I was working for submitted the papers required to obtain my “Arranged employment Opinio�. Papers were sent early September. In middle October Canadian Human resources called my employer to verify if the job offer was real. However, up to know they have not received the positive response. 3.- How long does it take for Human resources to generate this opinion??. Is my case timeline still within the average processing time?

In September I sent a fax to request mailing address change. I send a letter with the same information and I got confirmation that the letter was received at Buffalo Office. Up to know e-client does not show this change. 4.- Should I be concern, or is this common??

Once again thank you very much for all your help. There are not enough words to express the gratitude we all share for you in this forum.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

water-ruby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jim, Andrew is me again after two months waiting under Visitor Visa!!

Hi Tsananez,

Here's a 5 months visitors visa case awaiting PP request.. LOL!

HRDC takes 30 days to get back (that was the situation with my case). If u hvn't received any response from them by now, probably it's time for your employer to call them up and follow-up with the status...keep me posted....In the meantime, just try to relax and take any negative thoughts outta ur mind...otherwise, we'd all be zombies by the time the PP request letter arrives! :scared: