need help with past convictions

Old Jan 14th 2013, 10:27 am
Just Joined

scoty13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need help with past convictions

Hi, i would like some help and advice,
in my younger days i fell off the straight and narrow for a few years
i now want to move to canada to work,i have the chance of work and a lmo but am worried about my past which is as follows
1990 2 x minor traffic offense £83 cost & fine
1991 taking without owners consent
theft community service £35 cost
no insurance
driving whilst disqualified lic endorsed community service
1991 burglary theft non dwelling
theft
driving whilst disqualified
no insurance probation driving ban 6mths £479 comp
1991 burglary theft community service order 120hrs
1991 driving whilst disqualified
no insurance 12mth ban sentenced deferred
1992 theft from vehicle community service 80 hrs
1993 driving whilst disq absolute discharge
1994 driving whilst disq
no insurance
failing to surrender for bail
breach of community service
80hrs community service absolute discharge disqualification 12mths
1995 2x driving whilst disq got 2x 6mths imprisonment which was reduced to 2x4mth to run consec

that was the end i have done nothing since
have a lot of qualification and have worked ever since some of my asserts include sia licenses dog handler certificate personal lic holder proof of good person
and have worked on government contracts involving enhanced security checks
i know ive been a bad lad but they are 18 years ago
and have enhanced security clearance
would these cause problems in going to canada
thanx
Old Jan 14th 2013, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need help with past convictions

The Burglary charges and convictions alone are deemed as serious criminality and make you inadmissible. You will need to apply for rehabilitation through CHC London to have any chance of getting to Canada either as a visitor or worker. The waiver in your case will cost $1000 as serious criminality is involved.

Read this link for further info
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/rehabil.asp
Old Jan 14th 2013, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
The Burglary charges and convictions alone are deemed as serious criminality and make you inadmissible. You will need to apply for rehabilitation through CHC London to have any chance of getting to Canada either as a visitor or worker. The waiver in your case will cost $1000 as serious criminality is involved.

Read this link for further info
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/rehabil.asp
have looked into that but it also states that you are classed as rehabilitated once over 10years has past it says apply for rehabilitation if the time is less
Old Jan 14th 2013, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Evilhomer is an unknown quantity at this point

Scoty
I am in the same boat, in the early stages of trying to get over to Canada (in talks with employers) and also in my past over 20 years ago I have convictions for public disorder and assault on the police, I was fined each occasion. I have not been in trouble for 22years now, I don’t understand the rehabilitation process, I was hoping that due to the fact I have not been in trouble for a long time that rehabilitation would be proved, is that not the case?
Old Jan 14th 2013, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Evilhomer
Scoty
I am in the same boat, in the early stages of trying to get over to Canada (in talks with employers) and also in my past over 20 years ago I have convictions for public disorder and assault on the police, I was fined each occasion. I have not been in trouble for 22years now, I don’t understand the rehabilitation process, I was hoping that due to the fact I have not been in trouble for a long time that rehabilitation would be proved, is that not the case?
its very confusing, i have read because there's no problems for over 10 years you are classed as rehabilitated and its very hard to talk to someone at the embassy, i hold very high government security clearance over here but all the advice im getting is contradicting itself
Old Jan 14th 2013, 2:27 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scoty13
its very confusing, i have read because there's no problems for over 10 years you are classed as rehabilitated and its very hard to talk to someone at the embassy, i hold very high government security clearance over here but all the advice im getting is contradicting itself
I think that it's actually more a case of being allowed to apply for rehabilitation once 10 years has elapsed.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 6:36 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

A couple of the convictions of the OP are considered serious criminal offences as FL pointed out. There is NO deemed rehabilitation for those types of crimes. Can apply for rehabilitation after 5 years after completion of the offence. Until s/he applies and received rehab, is inadmissible as either a visitor or PR.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

have looked into that but it also states that you are classed as rehabilitated once over 10years has past it says apply for rehabilitation if the time is less
Believe me for a Burglary charge you will never be deemed rehabilitated you must apply for it as serious criminality is involved plus with all the other charges and convictions the 10 year is not applicable.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...conviction.asp

The 5 years is eligible to apply for rehabilitation. The Burglary conviction carries a sentence of more than 10 years in Canada so will never be deemed rehabilitated.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 6:45 pm
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

have you tried Australia ?

a nation established on the back of a penal colony
Old Jan 14th 2013, 6:51 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Believe me for a Burglary charge you will never be deemed rehabilitated you must apply for it as serious criminality is involved plus with all the other charges and convictions the 10 year is not applicable.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...conviction.asp
It's always a trade one can fall back into in hard times, if the job hunt doesn't go so well, saving the Gov many $$$ in Employment insurance.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 6:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

its very confusing, i have read because there's no problems for over 10 years you are classed as rehabilitated
You're not reading all of the info then. The CIC website clearly states -

'In all cases, you may only be deemed rehabilitated if the crime would be punishable in Canada by a maximum prison term of less than 10 years.'

So deemed rehabilitation wouldn't apply to you.