Need help asap! Thanks.

Old Jan 8th 2014, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Georger is a name known to allGeorger is a name known to allGeorger is a name known to allGeorger is a name known to allGeorger is a name known to allGeorger is a name known to allGeorger is a name known to allGeorger is a name known to allGeorger is a name known to allGeorger is a name known to allGeorger is a name known to all
Default Re: Need help asap! Thanks.

Yep just called up CIC to be absolutely certain and like you guys said; if there is a stamp with no specified return date then you have 6 months. Thank you again for the help. this forum is fantastic!
Old Jan 8th 2014, 11:01 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help asap! Thanks.

Originally Posted by Georger
Hi everyone, thanks in advance for any responses.

I entered Canada as a tourist on dec 27th 2013 and am due to fly home this Wednesday (8th). However, i attended a meeting at Calgary university today to gather information about academic upgrading to allow me to eventually apply for university there. I was surprised to find that there was still time to apply for the upgrading course starting next week. This would actually be an ideal scenario for me and i have all the preparations in order to make it work. My question is this: if i cancel my flight on wednesday is there any action i need to take to avoid being here unlawfully? Further information: the academic upgrading i would be doing does not require a visa, it would be completed in 3 months and i would not be attempting to work during my stay.

Can i simply cancel my flight, stay here the 3 months and complete the upgrading then fly home? Essentially staying here as a tourist?
Or, must schedule a new flight to show i intend to leave after my stay?
Do i need to notify anyone of my change in flight plans?

lastly, i applied for the iec visa and got through to the 2nd stage (creating a my cic account and so on). providing i am allowed to do what i discussed about should i just cancel my application? would i do this via the kompass account or via the cic site? i havent created a log in for this account yet.

Thankyou for responding i really appreciate the help.

I should have mentioned- i am a uk citizen
I would continue with your IEC visa application unless there is a reason that you no longer wish to work/live in Canada after you have done the course. The Letter of Introduction will be valid for 12 months and that will give you the opportunity to work in Canada for 12 months once you activate your TWP at the border.