MyCIC / IRCC account update

Old Mar 11th 2019, 5:25 pm
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MyCIC / IRCC account update

Originally Posted by G0ldie
Maybe, a delay in processing?
Maybe. Last set of notes came through in January and showed last update to file was 23rd October 2018 and security still not started.

I've sent another CSE today but I will probably just get another generic response. Trying to be patient because I know many folks on here went through this for years when emigrating, but it's pretty soul-destroying.

If we do get approved, we'll only have until 18th June to do a landing trip because that's when our medicals expire, so it's tight but it can be done.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 5:34 pm
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crofty82
Maybe. Last set of notes came through in January and showed last update to file was 23rd October 2018 and security still not started.

I've sent another CSE today but I will probably just get another generic response. Trying to be patient because I know many folks on here went through this for years when emigrating, but it's pretty soul-destroying.

If we do get approved, we'll only have until 18th June to do a landing trip because that's when our medicals expire, so it's tight but it can be done.
Yeah, an extra expense you don't need.

If there no way of contacting them to find out? Or, the MOD's have a suggestion?

I know the processing times are a 'guideline' only but one would presume they should be able to handle the influx. I can only think by looking at the draws and the amount of ITA's issued recently they are behind. The ITA's have dropped from 3900 per draw last year to 3350 on the recent ones. February only saw one draw but there were three in January to compensate.

I hope you get some good news soon!
Old Mar 11th 2019, 6:43 pm
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Got this on the CIC site. Don't know if its the last link that you used to get the case notes but I thought it might help:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-r...e-cas-eng.aspx
Old Mar 11th 2019, 9:01 pm

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute

Got this on the CIC site. Don't know if its the last link that you used to get the case notes but I thought it might help:

Thanks, yeah I sent them a message using that form just before Christmas and got a generic response. Sent another today but not terribly hopeful of a detailed reply this time either.

This 'having your whole life on hold' thing gets old really quickly.
Old Mar 12th 2019, 9:40 am
Knight of Constantinople

Thanks, yeah I sent them a message using that form just before Christmas and got a generic response. Sent another today but not terribly hopeful of a detailed reply this time either.

This 'having your whole life on hold' thing gets old really quickly.
I've spoken to a few other's in your position (in-process) and they are also in the same position (still waiting after 6 months). It sounds like there is a backlog but I can't find anything over the internet to confirm from other than the handful of individuals I know.
Old Mar 12th 2019, 11:45 am

I've spoken to a few other's in your position (in-process) and they are also in the same position (still waiting after 6 months). It sounds like there is a backlog but I can't find anything over the internet to confirm from other than the handful of individuals I know.
Thanks, yeah seems to be the case. Hope your application is coming along ok.
Old Mar 12th 2019, 12:20 pm
Knight of Constantinople

Thanks, yeah seems to be the case. Hope your application is coming along ok.
Submitted everything on the 19th Feb. Medicals were straight forward and police checks cam back within a week so happy overall.

Just awaiting any information for Biometrics or anything else but seems all quiet on the front.

Just hope they speed up processing as I don't envy your position. I am sure it will be through soon hopefully in-time before flight prices increase.
Old Mar 12th 2019, 2:43 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

No, that's purely for sending case specific enquiries.

For getting your case notes you would need to submit a subject access request:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ation-act.html

Try having your application take years - as many have done so in the past
Old Mar 12th 2019, 3:18 pm
Knight of Constantinople

Originally Posted by Siouxie
No, that's purely for sending case specific enquiries.

For getting your case notes you would need to submit a subject access request:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ation-act.html

Try having your application take years - as many have done so in the past
YEARS! I hope not!

I've had a quick look on another forum and they have quoted the Montreal processing office as rather slow with some awaiting 27 months for their final processing!

That said it seems that they are all from India so maybe prudent to more scrutiny!