MyCIC / IRCC account update

Old Dec 10th 2018, 1:10 pm
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute
Default MyCIC / IRCC account update

Received this e-mail from IRCC last Friday evening about an update happening this Weds, 12th December:

On December 12, 2018, you’ll see a progress bar for your Express Entry application. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. It will give you an estimated completion date based on our latest estimated processing times.

We’ll let you know when the progress bar is available for your application.
Will be a very welcome addition to the online system for current and future applicants, especially as someone who is almost six months into an EE FSW application.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 9:26 am

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MyCIC / IRCC account update

Well the update was supposed to happen yesterday and I received this e-mail from IRCC last night:

Your application now has a progress bar. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. It gives you an estimated completion date based on our latest processing times.
So after logging in several times, clearing the cache etc....the account status page looks exactly the same. I'm sure many of you will be shocked to hear IRCC's online system is not acting as it should!

They also sent a one-question survey asking "Did you notice the progress bar" to which I obviously answered "No" so maybe they'll rectify it soon.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 11:39 am
Just Joined

BigfootsMotorbike is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine wasn't there this morning, but then appeared about 11am. It'll be there later.

By the way, it's not very useful. It only measures the date from your AOR, there's no specific details to your case.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 12:48 pm

Thanks, will check again later. No great surprise that it's not that useful, sadly.

Coming up on the six month mark so desperate for any gleam of information really. GCMS notes have been ordered and will send them a CSE once the six months is passed.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

BigfootsMotorbike is an unknown quantity at this point

We're almost at three months and I was hoping for a quick turnaround as an early xmas present lol, but I doubt we'll hear anything till well into next year.

I think they only implemented the progress bar to stop people calling in the first sixth months. It's probably a sign they're struggling under the load and this is something basic they can implement to take pressure off the helpline.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 3:55 pm

Mine's there now, and as predicted the "Estimated Completion Date" is, magically, exactly six months after my AOR date!

If I were an optimist I'd be overjoyed at this, given that date is next week. However I'm more of a realist and am willing to bet that, as BigfootsMotorbike (great name by the way) predicted, it is simply a generic date based on their average processing times.

Old Dec 13th 2018, 5:12 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Agh - so sorry... had a brain fart!

Hopefully the new progress bar will be indicative that they are speeding up their processing times

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 13th 2018 at 5:14 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 5:24 pm
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crofty82
Mine's there now, and as predicted the "Estimated Completion Date" is, magically, exactly six months after my AOR date!

If I were an optimist I'd be overjoyed at this, given that date is next week. However I'm more of a realist and am willing to bet that, as BigfootsMotorbike (great name by the way) predicted, it is simply a generic date based on their average processing times.

It sounds that your at the finishing line! Good Luck!
Old Dec 13th 2018, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by G0ldie
It sounds that your at the finishing line! Good Luck!
Thanks, really hope so. This process really takes its toll!
Old Dec 14th 2018, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

Tamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think they will use the bar for paper based applications that we have linked online do you think?
Old Dec 14th 2018, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Tamasin1
Do you think they will use the bar for paper based applications that we have linked online do you think?
I honestly don’t know but if it’s an application that you have already submitted and linked to and you have not received an email about the status bar then I suspect not, but that’s just a guess.
Old Dec 14th 2018, 8:37 am
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, really hope so. This process really takes its toll!
Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end.
Old Dec 18th 2018, 9:32 am

Well you could knock me over with a feather! Proof that sadly, the status bar is literally just your AOR date + six months. Disappointing of IRCC to introduce such a useless update and assume applicants are unable to count six months.

Old Dec 18th 2018, 9:36 am
Knight of Constantinople

Well you could knock me over with a feather! Proof that sadly, the status bar is literally just your AOR date + six months. Disappointing of IRCC to introduce such a useless update and assume applicants are unable to count six months.

It does say 'estimated' in all fairness but I agree. It's 6 months to the day so should have been processed.

They are probably thinking of Christmas and a deserved break! The rest of us are just numbers in a pool.

Fingers-crossed you get it before Monday.
Old Dec 18th 2018, 9:40 am

It also says this which is still obviously generic but at least expands a little on their possible reasons for taking longer to process. Hopefully our GCMS notes will shed more light.

Good luck for an ITA soon G0ldie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.