My Express Entry - PR application

Old May 24th 2018, 6:00 pm
  #31  
Sidecar Falcon
 
DigitalGhost's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 9,504
DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Express Entry - PR application

Originally Posted by jimmynoshoes View Post
Don't think I can check back on ours now, but pretty sure when we put on what education we had, there was a dropdown to say has it been verified, and you can then enter certificate numbers, like you do with IELTS. I don't think we uploaded anything WES related due to this, but obviously cannot hurt to include it with your education certificate upload.
That rings a bell for me as well. I think they go by the WES reference number that you enter on your profile. I did my application nearly a year ago now though.
DigitalGhost is offline  
Old May 24th 2018, 6:12 pm
  #32  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 20
jwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Express Entry - PR application

Originally Posted by jimmynoshoes View Post
Don't think I can check back on ours now, but pretty sure when we put on what education we had, there was a dropdown to say has it been verified, and you can then enter certificate numbers, like you do with IELTS. I don't think we uploaded anything WES related due to this, but obviously cannot hurt to include it with your education certificate upload if you want to play it safe.
Originally Posted by DigitalGhost View Post
That rings a bell for me as well. I think they go by the WES reference number that you enter on your profile. I did my application nearly a year ago now though.
Yeah that is very true, you have to enter in document numbers for the reference, think I will go with both certificates. Cant go wrong that way!

Cheers guys!!
jwithers is offline  
Old May 24th 2018, 6:13 pm
  #33  
Sidecar Falcon
 
DigitalGhost's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 9,504
DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Express Entry - PR application

Originally Posted by jwithers View Post
Yeah that is very true, you have to enter in document numbers for the reference, think I will go with both certificates. Cant go wrong that way!

Cheers guys!!
By all means include them if you want to. I've never heard of anyone being rejected so far for submitting superfluous documentation. If they don't want/need it then they can just ignore it.

Best of luck with your application.
DigitalGhost is offline  
Old May 29th 2018, 4:48 pm
  #34  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 20
jwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Express Entry - PR application

Just paid $6 to use this service - https://visafoto.com

Got all of the requirements right in terms of sizing etc, face looks all in good resolution but my hair/ background looks a little airbrushed. This seems a bit weird to me or am i being too fanickity, a website that claims they do all this should nail it first time right?

These are the requirements they ask for:

Frame size
  • The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
  • The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
  • The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
  • Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.
Quality/resolution

If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.

File format
  • The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
  • The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
  • The image must be in colour (24 bits per pixel) in RGB colour space, which is the common output for most digital cameras.
P.s has anyone done a UK police certificate from Canada and paid for the enhanced posting? How long did it take to arrive?

Cheers
jwithers is offline  
Old May 29th 2018, 4:51 pm
  #35  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 32,804
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Express Entry - PR application

Originally Posted by jwithers View Post
or am i being too fanickity
No idea on the photos question, but just had to say this is the best autocorrect ever!
christmasoompa is offline  
Old May 29th 2018, 5:12 pm
  #36  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 20
jwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Express Entry - PR application

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
No idea on the photos question, but just had to say this is the best autocorrect ever!
Haha autocorrect tried to make out the profanity would be the best word!
jwithers is offline  
Old Jul 23rd 2018, 2:03 pm
  #37  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 20
jwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Express Entry - PR application

Need some help please.

I sent off my application back on June 12th however last Wednesday I left my current job.

It says that I need to update them if my application changes but I don't see anywhere to do that, there isn't any buttons to edit or anything.

I have the years work experience, on the express entry route and my visa isn't tied to my old job. I have til feb 2018 on my current work/holiday visa so time isn't an issue, I just don't want them to check my current job, see it isn't there and refuse my application. Can somebody help please?
jwithers is offline  
Old Jul 23rd 2018, 3:51 pm
  #38  
BE Forum Addict
 
Engineer_abroad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2015
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 1,706
Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Express Entry - PR application

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid View Post

You might not want to risk being petulant like I did, but it shows that photos are rejected when the literal exact same photo is accepted later as part of the same app
This is exactly what I did when they rejected mine, i.e. sent them photos 3 and 4 from the 4 photo set. Surprise surprise was accepted that time.
Engineer_abroad is offline  
Old Jul 23rd 2018, 3:56 pm
  #39  
BE Forum Addict
 
Engineer_abroad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2015
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 1,706
Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Express Entry - PR application

Originally Posted by jwithers View Post
Need some help please.

I sent off my application back on June 12th however last Wednesday I left my current job.

It says that I need to update them if my application changes but I don't see anywhere to do that, there isn't any buttons to edit or anything.

I have the years work experience, on the express entry route and my visa isn't tied to my old job. I have til feb 2018 on my current work/holiday visa so time isn't an issue, I just don't want them to check my current job, see it isn't there and refuse my application. Can somebody help please?
I believe you use the case specific webform

How can I update or ask about an IRCC application in progress?
Engineer_abroad is offline  
Old Jul 23rd 2018, 4:06 pm
  #40  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 20
jwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Express Entry - PR application

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad View Post
I believe you use the case specific webform

How can I update or ask about an IRCC application in progress?

Lifesaver, thank you!
jwithers is offline  
Old Jul 26th 2018, 8:03 pm
  #41  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 20
jwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Express Entry - PR application

Got an update email from mycic, has anyone had this before? Im super scared/ nervous of this now lol!

We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that is scheduled for ......

Your interview will be conducted at: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Toronto (Etobicoke) (Citizenship and Immigration Canada on official signs) 5353 Dundas Street West, Etobicoke, ON M9B 6K5 Suite 100, Ground Floor; also accessible via 5343 Dundas Street West

Please bring this invitation letter to the interview. You must also attend the interview with the following:
 Your passport o You must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents in order to acquire permanent residence status. o If your passport is currently being held by the Government of Canada (IRCC/CBSA), we will request it on your behalf.
 Two photographs for your permanent resident card o Permanent resident card photograph specifications are listed on the following page. o We will not process photographs that do not meet our specifications.
 Your current Social Insurance Number, only if you are in possession of one o You will need to change your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to reflect your new status as a permanent resident. o Service Canada representatives may be available at this interview to assist you in obtaining your new SIN.
 Your in-Canada dependent(s), only if you have included them in your permanent residence application o Your dependent(s) must also bring their passport and photographs, as well as their SIN if in possession of one.
 Your sponsor, only if you are landing under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in-Canada Class o Your sponsor must bring photo identification and proof of address.
 Your own interpreter, only if you require one as necessary o Please note that we only provide service in English and French.
jwithers is offline  
Old Jul 27th 2018, 6:33 am
  #42  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Express Entry - PR application

Originally Posted by jwithers View Post
Got an update email from mycic, has anyone had this before? Im super scared/ nervous of this now lol!

We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that is scheduled for ......

Your interview will be conducted at: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Toronto (Etobicoke) (Citizenship and Immigration Canada on official signs) 5353 Dundas Street West, Etobicoke, ON M9B 6K5 Suite 100, Ground Floor; also accessible via 5343 Dundas Street West

Please bring this invitation letter to the interview. You must also attend the interview with the following:
 Your passport o You must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents in order to acquire permanent residence status. o If your passport is currently being held by the Government of Canada (IRCC/CBSA), we will request it on your behalf.
 Two photographs for your permanent resident card o Permanent resident card photograph specifications are listed on the following page. o We will not process photographs that do not meet our specifications.
 Your current Social Insurance Number, only if you are in possession of one o You will need to change your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to reflect your new status as a permanent resident. o Service Canada representatives may be available at this interview to assist you in obtaining your new SIN.
 Your in-Canada dependent(s), only if you have included them in your permanent residence application o Your dependent(s) must also bring their passport and photographs, as well as their SIN if in possession of one.
 Your sponsor, only if you are landing under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in-Canada Class o Your sponsor must bring photo identification and proof of address.
 Your own interpreter, only if you require one as necessary o Please note that we only provide service in English and French.

Oh don't worry! That's your landing interview - it's standard!! It's the formality you go through whether you arrive at the airport, at the border - or as in this case - an inland office. You lucked out - they aren't making you go to the border!

Here's a link that might help to put your mind at rest - the process is very similar to that which they are describing for the phone landing
New Way to Validate your Confirmation of Permanent Residency

I had an inland landing and it was really nice and simple. They will ask you for your COPR, passport, etc., and then ask you about 4-5 questions which consist of 'has anything changed' 'have you committed any crimes / been convicted' 'is there anyone that wasn't included on your application' 'what colour are your eyes' or similar - then 'sign inside the lines in the box'


Congrats and 'Welcome to Canada, eh!'

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 27th 2018 at 6:38 am.
Siouxie is offline  
Old Jul 30th 2018, 3:05 pm
  #43  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 20
jwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Express Entry - PR application

Originally Posted by Siouxie View Post
Oh don't worry! That's your landing interview - it's standard!! It's the formality you go through whether you arrive at the airport, at the border - or as in this case - an inland office. You lucked out - they aren't making you go to the border!

Here's a link that might help to put your mind at rest - the process is very similar to that which they are describing for the phone landing
New Way to Validate your Confirmation of Permanent Residency

I had an inland landing and it was really nice and simple. They will ask you for your COPR, passport, etc., and then ask you about 4-5 questions which consist of 'has anything changed' 'have you committed any crimes / been convicted' 'is there anyone that wasn't included on your application' 'what colour are your eyes' or similar - then 'sign inside the lines in the box'


Congrats and 'Welcome to Canada, eh!'

Amazing thank you!

Fingers crossed it all goes well, I left my job 2 weeks ago so hopefully that doesn't affect anything. I had been there well over a year!

Cheers
jwithers is offline  
Old Dec 19th 2018, 3:41 am
  #44  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 173
george82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: My Express Entry - PR application

hi bud just looking for an update on your situation, looks like u got pr in 3 months? is that correct all the best
george82 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.