Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

which is my best choice: sponsering fiancee or spouse

which is my best choice: sponsering fiancee or spouse

Old Jan 9th 2002, 9:50 am
Wonderinguy

Hi everybody, I am a PR in canada for the past 1 yr. On my recent visit to India I
got engaged to a girl. I am planning to go back and marry her in 6 to 8 months. I was
wondering which is the best way to bring her to Canada. Is it possible to bring her
along when I return ? If I have to sponser only after marrying her, how long does it
take ? Can I start any paper work now itself to speed up the process ? What if I
bring her in a visitor visa and marry her(register) in canada, then can I sponser her
within canada ? If this can be done, is there any complications . I don't want to get
illegal or get screwed.

I would really appreciate a good response. Thanks in advance.

Old Jan 9th 2002, 7:11 pm
Webimmigration.Com

Hi:

It will be very difficult for yoru fiancee to obtain a visitor visa to Canada, unless
she has substantial ties to her home country.

If your fiancee is unable to obtain a visitor visa to Canada, you can immediately
apply to sponsor your fiancee to Canada.

If your fiancee is able to obtain a visitor vissa to Canada, you can then marry in
Canada, and then apply to sponsor her within Canada.

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >