Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Referral to Ottawa re medical history

Referral to Ottawa re medical history

Old Jan 9th 2002, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

hopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Experts

Can someone please advise me of the following:-

My wifes medical papers were sent to Ottawa in August 2001, following her taking the medical in July 2001.

We knew they would have to be referred because of a past medical condition- the papers were submitted via London and we are both UK born. We are concerned at the length of time this is taking because 5 months have now passed. How long does Ottawa take?

The reason we are concerned is if they leave it much longer,if we have to land by end of July, then timescales are a bit tight to sell house, quit jobs etc?Also, don't want to have to take medicals again as it will be a long continous circle.We are only waiting on this.
Old Jan 9th 2002, 7:22 pm
Webimmigration.Com

Hi:

The delay may be due to the time it takes to process your national security
clearance. If you do not receive your immigrant visas prior to the expiration of the
medicals, CIC will request that you obtain another medical examination.

--
Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >