moving with pet

Old Sep 18th 2001, 12:11 pm
J I L L I A N

Do I need any special forms from the vet in order to immigrate with my dog?

Old Sep 18th 2001, 2:38 pm
David Cohen

>

No, not during the application procedure, but at the time of landing you will be
required to show evidence of necessary vaccinations.
________
CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law tel:514.937.9445 / fax:514.937.2618
[email protected] http://canadavisa.com

Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community

Old Sep 18th 2001, 5:37 pm
Kurakot

You have to declare your pet as a dependant. No, no, I am just kidding.

>
dog?

Old Sep 18th 2001, 10:26 pm
James Dolittle

Dear Jillian,

The Canadian Immigration Act clearly states that you must follow a procedure in order
to include each one of your dependents.

In your case, it's clear that the dog is one more of yours.

In this case, you will have to submit reference letters of your dog's previous
employers (only in case your dog has worked, e.g., as a police dog, shepherd dog,
custom's dogs, security dog, actor dog, circus' dog, etc.).

Oh, remember that the letters must state your dog's habilities and experience. If
it's still being trained, be sure of including in your application a certificate from
its trainer, indicating the time it has been trained.

You will have to get as well a Police Clearence for your dog from the countries your
it has lived in the past ten years.

At this point, based in the information you have provided, I could not estimate the
time you will need for receiving medical forms or completing the process for your
dog. That depends of the visa post you have applied, how complex is your aplication
(will you add more pets?), your skills, education and experience (and of course your
dog's ones). However, it could last from 6 to 18+ months. Please note that a pet's
medical exam is very different from the ones you will have pass through. The Embassy
will provide you a list of Designated Veterinarian Practitioners. After having the
right forms and instructions, your dog will undergo medicals, which will be forwarder
to the Canadian Vet Association (based in Ottawa of course !). Oh, if something is
wrong with its health, your application may be refused.

Since your dog is your dependent, it won't be asked to submit a language skill proof
(e.g., TOEFL, Michigan). However, if it can bark in both english and french it will
give it for sure some extra points.

You will be asked of taking from 5 to 7 pictures of your pet, be sure of taking them
following exactly as the instructions say. They must have a white background, be
taken with a multi-split camera or be copies from the same negative. Your dog's face
have to occupy the 80% of picture's area. My recommendation is to send a copy of
photograph's to the photographer.

After that, you will have to pay your dog's Right of Landing Fee (ROLF), which is
CAN$ 250 (it's refundable in case your dog doesn't land or use its visa). At the
point of entry you will be asked to show CAN 10,000 plus CAN 2,000 for each human
dependent, and CAN 500 for each additional pet.

Oh, very important: remember you will have to get a passport or travel document for
him. The Immigration Act states it is a indispensable document for each dependent,
even if it's still a puppie. (You won't be allowed to include it in yours - it must
get its own).

Three years after landing, your dog can consider applying for Canadian Citizenship.
It must have been physically more than 1083 in Canada, must bark in one of Canada's
official languages and must pass an exam.

I really hope you will find useful this information.

Regards,

--

../..

James Dolittle Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>

--
Posted from [200.47.217.9] via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old Sep 22nd 2001, 11:04 pm
Aleja32313440

<<No, not during the application procedure, but at the time of landing you will be
required to show evidence of necessary vaccinations. >>

Is it allowed to visit Canada(not immigrate) with a couple of cats, with all
vaccinations and visitor's visa, for about three months?

Ale