Moving to canada

Old Feb 15th 2019, 9:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to canada

Originally Posted by Bushy2210
How do I calculate my secondary education ? I've found out where to submit my quals to via the ECA etc but with regards to calculating possible out come I didn't even know I could do it.
Sorry, I meant when doing your CRS score - you've only said secondary education when taking the test for your score and not anything else? If so, then that's fine but just wanted to check.
Old Feb 15th 2019, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

Bushy2210 is an unknown quantity at this point

So guys when I'm putting my NOC codes in its only comes up with eh canadian equivalent.

I'm a serving soldier here in the UK but when I type it in the only thing that comes back is serving soldier in Canada do I just go with this?

I've had a few jobs before I joined the army also do I just follow suit and apply the Canadian term/equivalent it really doesn't make sence to me this bit.

Also I don't want to be joining the Canadian army I'm being honest I want to start a life out there and I'll take any work as soon as I'm offered it. I'll be looking in the construction/manual labour area.

Been a mechanic, steel worker and security guard/doorman before joining the army. So I'll be looking in these sectors to help.

I'd anyone could shine some light on what I do regarding NOC codes I'll be forverr thankful.

Cheers.
Old Feb 15th 2019, 7:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

So guys when I'm putting my NOC codes in its only comes up with eh canadian equivalent.
That's exactly what you need - the Canadian equivalent. You simply need to find the NOC code that best matches your current role, make sure your duties match those (or at least half of those) listed under the 'main duties' section. If soldier is it, then yes, that's your NOC code.

You don't have to do that job when you get there though (not sure you even could, I suspect you have to be a Canadian citizen to join their military), you can do whatever job you want once you've got PR.

Also bear in mind that a lot of jobs are regulated in Canada, including a lot in construction, so be prepared for it to take a while before you can start work if you'll be working in one of those jobs.

HTH.
Old Feb 15th 2019, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Cheers buddie much appreciated
Old Feb 15th 2019, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Magiscribe is an unknown quantity at this point

OK guys yet again thanks for the help on this, I'm 24 years old. I'm Going to get IELTS done this month at my local university, I've found out how to do an ECA so I'll get that sort to. I'm seeing on my score that I'm getting 0 for candian work experience, my distant family lives in Canada we are all very close I've visited them every year for the last 5 years. Would it be possible to go to canada with a work permit, get myself a job and then apply for PR once I'm there, get I rent a property with just a work permit ? Or is it just more advisable to get PR before I go instead of getting some work experience in canada then applying from with in Canada.
Hey Bushy2210 it might also be worth looking up the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Programme if you are looking at potential different routes.
Old Feb 15th 2019, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

Thank you could you let me know a little more about this please?
Old Feb 15th 2019, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Thank you could you let me know a little more about this please?
This is a special 3 year project for the Atlantic provinces (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick,Prince Edward Island, Labrador & New Foundland)... Hopefully I haven't missed any! This programme offers the chance to find work with a designated employer, endorsed by the province and either come over on a temp work permit and apply for permanent residency within 90 days or applying for permanent residency before arrival.
There is a lot more information available on the CIC website
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ion-pilot.html

Last edited by Magiscribe; Feb 15th 2019 at 9:13 pm. Reason: Added link
Old Feb 15th 2019, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much that's very helpful.

I've done a little reading on it and it's the job offer, is there like a pool of employers involved in the programme or is it apply for jobs via the Internet hoping to get a job offer then apply for the Atlantic programme?

Lol, what comes first the chicken or the egg situation.
Old Feb 15th 2019, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much that's very helpful.

I've done a little reading on it and it's the job offer, is there like a pool of employers involved in the programme or is it apply for jobs via the Internet hoping to get a job offer then apply for the Atlantic programme?

Lol, what comes first the chicken or the egg situation.
Most provinces have now posted their list of endorsed employers so might be easier to start researching there. You need the job offer and endorsement before you can apply 🙂
Old Feb 15th 2019, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

OK brilliant, much appreciated cheers.

Time get down to it and get things moving along.

One last question, my friend who lives out there now in Toronto, went out on a working visa (2 years) but applied when he was just heading out for PR he scored just under the bar but he updated his application with the fact he had a job and also had candian work experience and they accepted his PR.

He said it was simple but I'm cautious if I did it this way could it all go wrong. I have the funds to support myself and set myself up out there but I'd hate to buy everything (car, furniture etc) settle and one may have to leave in a hurry.

Do many people go out to canada this way.... Is it known thing to do? Or was he just lucky?
Old Feb 16th 2019, 2:16 am
Just Joined

Guys another thing that's causing me a great deal to work out,

Education transcripts !

This is so confusing, they want them sealed with a stamp but WES website says make sure to check everything's in there?

Do they want all my qualifications like from secondary school or just the last course I did which is the highest level of my education has been. Which would surely demonstrate my previous. It all sounds like a huge run around.

Old Feb 16th 2019, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Education transcripts !

This is so confusing, they want them sealed with a stamp but WES website says make sure to check everything's in there?

Do they want all my qualifications like from secondary school or just the last course I did which is the highest level of my education has been. Which would surely demonstrate my previous. It all sounds like a huge run around.
you only get points for your highest level of education so this is all you need to send, as posters have said above though, you only get points for academic studies not vocational courses. When did you finish formal academic education? GSCEs, A-levels, HND, bachelors etc.

With WES I believe you do the assessment in two parts, you send them your application with copies of your results/transcripts and then have to arrange for sealed/stamped copies to be sent directly by the education institute that issued them, for example, in my case my university sent the transcript directly.
Old Feb 17th 2019, 7:56 am
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Education transcripts !

Same as the others I asked my university to send them and they were able to just email the transcripts directly to WES. It saved a lot of 'faffing about' even though they initially rejected the transcripts.

Have another look on their site again if your unsure:
https://www.wes.org/ca/required-documents/
Old Feb 17th 2019, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

I understand what you saying guys thank you.

I don't have a degree, I worked straight out of school and went to college then opened my own business before joining the army. I'm still in the army and I've just finished my nvq diploma in public services. I've multiple other quals but vocational course doesn't seem to make a difference as they only seem to be the equivalent to high school grades if looked at, at all.

On the scoring tool I get almost 600 if I enter that I've have two years candian work experience and a high school level education, or with my nvq diploma should I enter 2 years college? Either way with high school education and candian work experience I get almost 600. My question now is, if I get a work visa for two years can I apply from with in Canada for PR.. I've close family over there, they aren't immediate they are 2nd cousins but I've seen them every year since I was a child they've welcomed me over and said they can help me sort things out such as finding accommodation, buying a car and insight on how to find a job and feed me For a few weeks, financially I can support myself. But will it all be a waste of time getting set up over there just to leave when work visa runs out. So is there has anyone or does anyone know of anyone getting out there on a work visa and applying to stay permanently if it all works out?? Tbh two year visa Works for me at first, I love Canada always have done but I never know I may end up not wanting to stay this is why I'm asking this question.

Thanks guys. Have a great day.
Old Feb 17th 2019, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

I understand what you saying guys thank you.

I don't have a degree, I worked straight out of school and went to college then opened my own business before joining the army. I'm still in the army and I've just finished my nvq diploma in public services. I've multiple other quals but vocational course doesn't seem to make a difference as they only seem to be the equivalent to high school grades if looked at, at all.

On the scoring tool I get almost 600 if I enter that I've have two years candian work experience and a high school level education, or with my nvq diploma should I enter 2 years college? Either way with high school education and candian work experience I get almost 600. My question now is, if I get a work visa for two years can I apply from with in Canada for PR.. I've close family over there, they aren't immediate they are 2nd cousins but I've seen them every year since I was a child they've welcomed me over and said they can help me sort things out such as finding accommodation, buying a car and insight on how to find a job and feed me For a few weeks, financially I can support myself. But will it all be a waste of time getting set up over there just to leave when work visa runs out. So is there has anyone or does anyone know of anyone getting out there on a work visa and applying to stay permanently if it all works out?? Tbh two year visa Works for me at first, I love Canada always have done but I never know I may end up not wanting to stay this is why I'm asking this question.

Thanks guys. Have a great day.
yes you can transition from IEC to PR and remain in Canada, you are also able to apply for a bridging work permit to help bridge some of the time between the 2. However, do bear in mind a typical PR application can take 6+ months all in so you will want to be applying for it as soon as you will have enough CRS points.

Also, when you say you started work
straight from school
did you leave at 16 or 18? High school
in Canada is mandatory to 18 not 16 as in UK. If you left before that and didn’t do any further academic qualifications you may struggle to gain the points for high school. If completed a trade apprenticeship then you should also look
at FST program.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.