Moving to canada

Old Feb 14th 2019, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Bushy2210 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to canada

Guys I need some help...

Coming to the end of my service in the army soon and I've distant family in Canada I've visited many times before and I've decided I want to take my wife and start a new life in Canada.

I've applied just now and it got denied, personally I think it was because I haven't yet taken the language test. I've been fortunate enough to actually end up with a decent amount of qualications and I've got certificates for various courses I've done which would set me in good pace for a skilled worker especially the army back ground and the qualications I have from that. But it stumbled me and I don't want mess anything up, its allowing me to re submit a new application but I want to make sure it's right this time.

Can someone help me and tell me everything I need to do and have in place before I click the button to submit everything. Just looking for what other folk did before heading over.

Many thanks guys.
Old Feb 15th 2019, 7:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to canada

Originally Posted by Bushy2210 View Post
Guys I need some help...

Coming to the end of my service in the army soon and I've distant family in Canada I've visited many times before and I've decided I want to take my wife and start a new life in Canada.

I've applied just now and it got denied, personally I think it was because I haven't yet taken the language test. I've been fortunate enough to actually end up with a decent amount of qualications and I've got certificates for various courses I've done which would set me in good pace for a skilled worker especially the army back ground and the qualications I have from that. But it stumbled me and I don't want mess anything up, its allowing me to re submit a new application but I want to make sure it's right this time.

Can someone help me and tell me everything I need to do and have in place before I click the button to submit everything. Just looking for what other folk did before heading over.

Many thanks guys.
Hi, welcome to BE.

Yes, you will have been denied because you don't have language exam results. They are mandatory for an EE application, as is an ECA. You can't apply before you've got those two things. But have you checked to make sure you're definitely eligible for Express Entry? It doesn't sound as though you've done much research on the requirements, so do check that first as there's no point in spending a few hundred quid on the IELTS & ECA if you wouldn't be scoring enough anyway.

Start with the CIC eligibility tool on their website - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ess-entry.html. You'll have to fill it in as if you've had your ECA and IELTS done, so assume maximum points for English for now as a native speaker.

If it says you're eligible to enter the EE pool then that's great, as it means you qualify as a Federal Skilled Worker. But that's only the first step, once you're in the pool then only those scoring the highest are selected and invited to apply for PR, so you need to check your points score here - Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool: skilled immigrants (Express Entry) You'll need above approx 450 as a rough guide.

Remember that for your ECA (and points purposes) only academic qualifications will count, not sure what your certificates/courses have been, but if they're vocational or professional then you won't get any points for them.

HTH, good luck.

Old Feb 15th 2019, 8:15 am
Just Joined

Many thanks my friend massive help, yes I've used the tool and it says i'm eligible if I put my language test in on top marks im 100% sure it got denied because I haven't not done the test yet but many thanks for the reply.

What's a ECA and how do I get one of those.?"
Old Feb 15th 2019, 8:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks my friend massive help, yes I've used the tool and it says i'm eligible if I put my language test in
Perfect, but do check your CRS score using the link above too - that's the second stage of eligibility, as only those scoring above approx 450 are invited to apply for PR.

What's a ECA and how do I get one of those.?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-assessed.html

HTH.
Old Feb 15th 2019, 8:25 am
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks my friend massive help, yes I've used the tool and it says i'm eligible if I put my language test in on top marks im 100% sure it got denied because I haven't not done the test yet but many thanks for the reply.

What's a ECA and how do I get one of those.?"
ECA is your educational credential assessment. It is your education that you've done being assessed by one of the canadian authorised representatives.

A lot of people opt for WES as the assessor as they are the quickest but is does depend on your circumstances. I've used WES for myself and IQAS for my wife.

There is more info on the canada website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-assessed.html

Old Feb 15th 2019, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Cheers guys I've made sence of it all now saying i come in at 437 on the scoring system is this too low or could I still have a change of being granted PR?
Old Feb 15th 2019, 8:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Cheers guys I've made sence of it all now saying i come in at 437 on the scoring system is this too low or could I still have a change of being granted PR?
OK, so 437 is a bit low, but possible - the last draw was only just above that. At that level of points it would definitely be worth you applying IMO, but how old are you now? Just wondering if you'll lose points due to a birthday.

Old Feb 15th 2019, 8:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

P.S. You can see all of the previous draws here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-previous.html. So you can see what level they're inviting people at and keep an eye on it.

Just checking, but have you done your wife's score as well in case she scores higher?
Old Feb 15th 2019, 8:52 am
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

I've just got my ITA on the last draw of 438 (30th Jan 2019). My points were 439 so just scraped through.

The draws go up and down so your not that far off.

I would prioritise and concentrate on your IELTS and ECA's. Different bands will give you different scores on the CRS calculator and IELTS can be the quickest and easiest area to improve your CRS score.
Old Feb 15th 2019, 9:13 am
Just Joined

OK guys yet again thanks for the help on this, I'm 24 years old. I'm Going to get IELTS done this month at my local university, I've found out how to do an ECA so I'll get that sort to. I'm seeing on my score that I'm getting 0 for candian work experience, my distant family lives in Canada we are all very close I've visited them every year for the last 5 years. Would it be possible to go to canada with a work permit, get myself a job and then apply for PR once I'm there, get I rent a property with just a work permit ? Or is it just more advisable to get PR before I go instead of getting some work experience in canada then applying from with in Canada.
Old Feb 15th 2019, 9:20 am
Knight of Constantinople

OK guys yet again thanks for the help on this, I'm 24 years old. I'm Going to get IELTS done this month at my local university, I've found out how to do an ECA so I'll get that sort to. I'm seeing on my score that I'm getting 0 for candian work experience, my distant family lives in Canada we are all very close I've visited them every year for the last 5 years. Would it be possible to go to canada with a work permit, get myself a job and then apply for PR once I'm there, get I rent a property with just a work permit ? Or is it just more advisable to get PR before I go instead of getting some work experience in canada then applying from with in Canada.
I would go for the PR via EE. It is saves a lot of time in future and you can hopefully apply for citizenship after a few years.

The IELTS - do some revision before you tackle this test. It sounds simple but has been engineered to catch one out! I used the Cambridge IELTS practice material. You only need to do the 'GENERAL' exam and not the academic (not much difference between the two). I used the site below. Browse in google chrome and you will be able to download the pdf's via the right-click translate option. There are lots of other resources but I preferred the Cambridge material as they are more like the test that you will take:
https://www.afarinesh.org/cambridge-...free-download/

Old Feb 15th 2019, 9:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

OK guys yet again thanks for the help on this, I'm 24 years old.
Aha! OK, so you won't lose points due to age for a while, but also it means you have another option open to you - have a look at the IEC visa, which is a 2 year open work permit for those aged 30 and under. Your chances are pretty low to get a visa for this year's program as most have already gone, but you could apply next year. It would be a quicker/cheaper/easier way to try out life in Canada.

Would it be possible to go to canada with a work permit, get myself a job and then apply for PR once I'm there, get I rent a property with just a work permit ?
Only if you go down the IEC route as above. For all other 'normal' work permits, you need a job offer first, plus something called a LMIA - this is something the employer has to apply for, at a cost to them of $1000, and to get it they have to prove that they've advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian wiling, or able, to do the job. You can rent a property with a work permit though, no problem.

Just checking but what post secondary education do you have that you've given yourself points for?

Old Feb 15th 2019, 9:29 am
Just Joined

I've recently just finished a course provided by the army and its left me with a City AND GUILDS level 2 in public services, I finished 2nd school with maths and English and science, ICT AND BTEC media GCSE and other in various subjects. Also a few vocational course and certificates in various different things.
​​​​​​
I've got a level 1 diploma in motor vehicle maintenance also, I have a fully security licence(SIA licence). I also have booked my self on to a welding course providing a diploma in welding at the end of the course.
Old Feb 15th 2019, 9:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I've recently just finished a course provided by the army and its left me with a City AND GUILDS level 2 in public services, I finished 2nd school with maths and English and science, ICT AND BTEC media GCSE and other in various subjects. Also a few vocational course and certificates in various different things.
​​​​​​
I've got a level 1 diploma in motor vehicle maintenance also, I have a fully security licence(SIA licence). I also have booked my self on to a welding course providing a diploma in welding at the end of the course.
OK, so have you calculated your points for secondary education only? As those are all vocational courses so won't count for points purposes. Just want to check you would definitely score what you've estimated.
Old Feb 15th 2019, 9:37 am
Just Joined

How do I calculate my secondary education ? I've found out where to submit my quals to via the ECA etc but with regards to calculating possible out come I didn't even know I could do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.