Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Missing Uni Transcript... will our PR be declined or will they just ask to see it?

Missing Uni Transcript... will our PR be declined or will they just ask to see it?

Old Aug 28th 2008, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

dieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of light
Default Missing Uni Transcript... will our PR be declined or will they just ask to see it?

Hi,

Reading through the other posts, I'm pretty sure I didnt include a University transcript in my original application back in Nov 2005. I did however include a copy of my BA (hons) certificate with the authentic Uni stamp on it.

I'm going to speak to my Uni and ask them to send one ASAP and then send it on to the CHC.

If they are processing our application now (we got our 90 day letter in Jan 08) will they ask to see this transcript or will then just refuse our application.

Sorry... having a small panic..

Last edited by dieseltank; Aug 28th 2008 at 11:39 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 11:54 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing Uni Transcript... will our PR be declined or will they just ask to see it

If they did not ask at the 90 day stage then I would relax. Send it in when you get it - unopened.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

dieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Missing Uni Transcript... will our PR be declined or will they just ask to see it

Thanks for your response..
I will do as you advise and send it in once I do get it... I've no idea how long it takes a Uni to send it out. I will call them tomorrow and beg for a speedy response from them.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 1:19 am
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

We just got our medical requests and a request for some updated documents from chc in london - think thats the same as the 90 day letter? (we applied for pr via pnp in newfoundland so a slightly different route from you).

Anyway, what i'm trying to say is that I didn't include my transcript with our application, just notarised copies of my degree certificate and teaching qualification. No mention of any additional information required on our request for updates. If it comes up I will let you know.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 5:08 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

It's unlikely to a big deal if you attended a mainstream University in the UK - it's easy enough for them to check (which they do even if you do send a transcript).
Old Aug 29th 2008, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

SarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Missing Uni Transcript... will our PR be declined or will they just ask to see it

Originally Posted by dieseltank
Hi,

Reading through the other posts, I'm pretty sure I didnt include a University transcript in my original application back in Nov 2005. I did however include a copy of my BA (hons) certificate with the authentic Uni stamp on it.

I'm going to speak to my Uni and ask them to send one ASAP and then send it on to the CHC.

If they are processing our application now (we got our 90 day letter in Jan 08) will they ask to see this transcript or will then just refuse our application.

Sorry... having a small panic..
Hi there,

I couldn't get a university transcript for my PR application. My university got swallowed up by a bigger university in the mid nineties. However, I did source a letter confirming that a transcript wasn't available.

But as other posters have said, if it hasn't been asked for yet, it doesn't seem to be a big issue with CIC.

Cheers,

Sarah
Old Aug 29th 2008, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

RayS is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Missing Uni Transcript... will our PR be declined or will they just ask to see it

I was required to get a University Transcript last year in a sealed University embossed envelope. I thought the Uni would flip over this weird request but they were quite used to this attempt to avoid fraud apparently.
Anyway it onlt took a couple od days to arrive and I sent it off.
It was returned a week or so later now opened.

Ray
Old Aug 29th 2008, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for your replies. I emailed my old Uni yesterday and they have already said that they will deal with my request.

I just had a 5 minute wobble yesterday where all my Canadian dreams shattered as I had forgotten to include this in my application....
Old Aug 29th 2008, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Jinder is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dieseltank

I know you probably already have all the answers you need, but thought I'd put my two pence worth in. I didn't send a transcript with my original application, nor at the 90 day update letter stage. I only ever sent a duplicate copy of my degree certificate. My Uni is old fashioned and collegiate with the colleges being pretty independent of the uni.

Essentially they don't do transcripts, because they can't decide who would provide them. I did get my college to write a reference letter which stated my dates of attendance, subject and degree class. This wasn't even in a sealed envelope as they sent it to me direct and I opened the envelope not knowing that it contained the reference. CIC have obviously accepted this as I got my med request last week.

So since I had less documentation, you're sure to be fine.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Jinder