Meds, Slough? or Harley Street?

Old Dec 14th 2007, 11:16 am
Visa Feb 2008,

Andrea&Mark is on a distinguished road
Default Meds, Slough? or Harley Street?

Hi all

Just trying to decide where to get meds done, has anyone had any experience with the docs in Slough or Harley Street?

Thanks
Andrea
Old Dec 14th 2007, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meds, Slough? or Harley Street?

Hi

We used Slough. Can't remember docs name though. Think it is Dr Jones.
His practice is in a bungalow on a housing estate.

Really nice, quite quick, had to go to local Nuffield to get ches xrays done, but no hassle with that.

I was going to book into a different docs, but they were insisting on doing a smear test and I told them I had a letter from my GP stating that my previous smaer (1 year before) was all clear, but they were insistant that it was neccessary.
Asked at the Slough practice and was assured that it was not neccessary and that the High commission wouldn't be interested in my GP's letter either.
Only if medical history would suggest it to be neccessary would they do a smear.

We were very happy with Slough.

Penny
Old Dec 14th 2007, 12:30 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

We had ours done at Harley Street and they were really good. Great at putting you at ease and very efficient. X-rays are taken just up the street about 5 minutes walk away, also on Harley Street.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 1:52 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I know its a deciding factor for women , they didn't even ask about smear tests

I would really rate harley street , they were really quick , blood tests (and extra urine test were back within three days)

No one "enjoys" their meds but I don't think they could have done anything to improve the experience.

Zoe
Old Dec 14th 2007, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Doctor Jones in Slough was excellent, I can't comment on Harley Street since I didn't use them.

From what the other people here have said, though, I'd guess call both and see who can fit you in fastest and charges the least.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

If cost isn't an issue I would check whether either do smears and / or internal exams for woman, and you would prefer to avoid having these done.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

dizzyliz is on a distinguished road

Hiya, we also used Doc Jones in Slough, so quick and easy,and xrays done 5 mins. from his rooms.Really nice and friendly at both docs and xrays.

Liz
Old Dec 15th 2007, 9:43 pm
Sutton On

QPRanger is an unknown quantity at this point

We went to knightsbridge quick efficient & all in house they seemed same price as everyone else.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 10:30 am
Visa Feb 2008,

Hi All

Thanks for all your help, have decided to goto Harley Street as can do them on a Saturday. All booked for Sat 12th January Will have to make sure I do some relaxation before as I tend to get High BP due to White Coat Syndrome, all normal the rest of the time.

Andrea
Old Dec 20th 2007, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Winston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really nice
Smile Re: Meds, Slough? or Harley Street?

Just thought I would give another option. We went to the Brigstock clinic in Croydon at the beginning of this month. They were very professional and had the Xrays done at the Mayday hospital just round the corner from the clinic.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Hi

If you go to 82 Harley St make sure that they are sent by courier NO matter what the Doctor says If you need more info your have to PM me for legal reasons.

If not 82 harley st good luck hope all goes well x

Tina x
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

ndugu will become famous soon enoughndugu will become famous soon enough

Andrea, you already booked your appointment with Harley Street. But I'd like to say that they definitely work with a courrier. We've done our medicals a few days ago - they did not ask any smear test - They informed us today about the name of the courrier company and gave the tracking number to follow up. I don't have any idea about Slough as we only contacted Harley Street.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:24 pm
Visa Feb 2008,

Originally Posted by ndugu
Andrea, you already booked your appointment with Harley Street. But I'd like to say that they definitely work with a courrier. We've done our medicals a few days ago - they did not ask any smear test - They informed us today about the name of the courrier company and gave the tracking number to follow up. I don't have any idea about Slough as we only contacted Harley Street.
Hiya
Thanks, checked address and it isn't 82 anyway. All booked for 12th Jan, just trying to get over a chest infection at the moment, we have all had flu and then CI over Christmas which is a bummer so hope the Chest Xrays are OK.
Had photos done today and they are ok as photos could be so hope all goes well.
Andrea
Old Jan 6th 2008, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

ndugu will become famous soon enoughndugu will become famous soon enough

Don't worry about chest infection. I was suffering the same when I had mine - I was on antibiotics. They are checking for things like Tubercuolosis, not chest infection I mentioned to the doc during examination that I was using antibiotics, he asked "why." When I mentioned the chest infection he did not seem interested Good luck with X-ray and exam.
Ndugu