Medicals Finally Sent......

Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Dal_Boy24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals Finally Sent......

Hi Folks

Well after nearly 4 weeks the medicals have finally arrived at London CIC......what a bloody pullava the whole thing took....(Long Story)....let's just say if it hadn't been for my persistence the Medical centre that we used (Handsworth) would still not have located or sent out our meds.

I guess what I'm asking you lovely people is how long do you guestimate a decision to be made now??? They have ALL paperwork, fees, updated police checks and the medicals now.

Also once the PR is activated how long do we have to activate it? 6 months or upto 1 year?

O haven't updated my timeline buts Police checks, fees and signed docs sent 9/6/11....medicals sent 20/6/11....

Thanks
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 3:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals Finally Sent......

Originally Posted by Dal_Boy24
what a bloody pullava the whole thing took
Is that more like a pullover than a palaver?

You get a year from the date of your medicals in which to land to activate your PR, but no way of knowing how long it'll be before you get PR unfortunately - could be a month, could be 10 months. We've had people on the forum who have had PR 11 months after medicals and then had to land in one heck of a hurry!

Fingers crossed you hear soon.

Old Jun 23rd 2011, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Hi mate can I just ask if you were instructed to go for medicals by email and if so was there an attachment to download some forms? The reason I ask is that the medical center I contacted for information reminded me not to forget to bring the forms!! I'm assuming these forms arrive with the med request or are they available on line and my responsibility to locate, many thanks.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
Hi mate can I just ask if you were instructed to go for medicals by email and if so was there an attachment to download some forms? The reason I ask is that the medical center I contacted for information reminded me not to forget to bring the forms!! I'm assuming these forms arrive with the med request or are they available on line and my responsibility to locate, many thanks.
Everything you need will be sent to you through the post not email

Lns
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

edmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud of

Hi Folks

Well after nearly 4 weeks the medicals have finally arrived at London CIC......what a bloody pullava the whole thing took....(Long Story)....let's just say if it hadn't been for my persistence the Medical centre that we used (Handsworth) would still not have located or sent out our meds.

I guess what I'm asking you lovely people is how long do you guestimate a decision to be made now??? They have ALL paperwork, fees, updated police checks and the medicals now.

Also once the PR is activated how long do we have to activate it? 6 months or upto 1 year?

O haven't updated my timeline buts Police checks, fees and signed docs sent 9/6/11....medicals sent 20/6/11....

Thanks
Ugh, my wife has her medicals on july 1st at Handsworth as well, hope it goes smoothly.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by edmontonian
Ugh, my wife has her medicals on july 1st at Handsworth as well, hope it goes smoothly.
You should be fine to be honest it's just we had to provide 2 blood samples and I had to constantly ring them everyday to find out where they were and when the medicals would be sent off.....only to be met with the annoying answer machine...but as I said our medicals were a long story...they came via post all the docs and the way in which its worded you think that that EVERYTHING incl docs fees and meds needs to be sent within 60 days but apparently this is not the case.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Hi Folks

Thanks
hey Dal,

Wish you all the best for a swift reply to getting your PR's

By the way, about Handsworth Medical centre, did they cause you the problems with the blood tests etc?? Just want to avoid anything that may cause us delays when our med requests turn up

Good luck
Old Jun 24th 2011, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bal uk
hey Dal,

Wish you all the best for a swift reply to getting your PR's

By the way, about Handsworth Medical centre, did they cause you the problems with the blood tests etc?? Just want to avoid anything that may cause us delays when our med requests turn up

Good luck
Hi Bal

Thanks for good luck wishes....ok with Handsworth Medical Centre....had to get blood sample done twice because apparently clotted first time, so when asked to go 2nd time....not a problem as we were still within the 14 day turnaround period that THEY had given....so in the last week maybe day 9 or 10 of the 14day period....still no answer from which day I started ringing and leaving repeated messages....annoying thing was 1 number and with all respect they are busy BUT even then you're paying a lot of money for a service which I would rate not the greatest communication wise.
So it took eventually I think 21 days in total for meds to get sent off....one of the members of staff there was helpful but I felt I had to push for that help...the company the use to outsource the testing of the blood is where the problem lies not the medical centre itself, but I would say that if that's the issue then why not change it to someone else who's more reliant.

Just glad everything has gone now....spoke to my lawyer yesterday who's based in Toronto and he said should hear something by August if not we'll send them a reminder.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Everything you need will be sent to you through the post not email

Lns
Thanks Lins, just hope they bloody find us as we've moved twice since application and they never acknowledge the fact when you write to them with address change details. Paying the post office a bloody fortune to redirect mail just incase. Shouldn't get hopes up but noticed people who are 1 month ahead of us on timelines going for medicals