Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medicals for dependants- URGENT help needed, please!

Medicals for dependants- URGENT help needed, please!

Old Nov 9th 2012, 10:39 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals for dependants- URGENT help needed, please!

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Lying to CIC
It's not a lie to say that a parent cannot legally compel an adult child to undergo a medical.

And as far as I understand, if parents have no custodial rights over a child and agree to waive future Family Class sponsorship rights, then CIC may have to waive the medical requirement. There may be something specific in the Immigration Act/Regulations on this.
Old Nov 10th 2012, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JAJ
It's not a lie to say that a parent cannot legally compel an adult child to undergo a medical.

And as far as I understand, if parents have no custodial rights over a child and agree to waive future Family Class sponsorship rights, then CIC may have to waive the medical requirement. There may be something specific in the Immigration Act/Regulations on this.
Sooooo...how do we find out if that's the case? And, if so, how do we go about waiving rights etc? Sorry if I sound totally dim but it really would help a great deal and safe A LOT of hassle and money and I have no idea how to go about it. (Might also have to do with the fact I am blonde!) If you can shed any more light on this for us it would be HUGELY appreciated.
Old Nov 11th 2012, 12:48 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Sooooo...how do we find out if that's the case? And, if so, how do we go about waiving rights etc? Sorry if I sound totally dim but it really would help a great deal and safe A LOT of hassle and money and I have no idea how to go about it.
In that case you need to get some professional assistance from a competent Canadian immigration practitioner.